Not too many favourites this month but these are the products I’ve been reaching for most.
1. Cien Hand Cream – This is a product from Lidl and I really like it. It makes your hands feel so soft and doesn’t leave them feeling greasy at all. It smells of almonds it’s lovely. I keep this tube in my handbag and will repurchase it when it runs out.
2. Mac Fix + – This has been a life saver this month. My makeup always looks so fresh and dewy after using this. I find this is one of those products you use loads for a while then forget about it again until you re discover it. But I am loving it ATM
3. Germaine de Capuccini foundation – I love this foundation, I bought it from my local spa and it has the smoothest finish. It’s a great foundation for the summer as it has SPF 30 and is really lightweight. I can’t seem to find it for sale anywhere online, sorry.
4. Avon nail experts 24k gold strength – My nails have needed a little TLC this month & so I’ve been using this under my nail polish (when i remember to put it on). My nails are looking like they’re in a better condition and are not so brittle.
5. Mac Bombshell Lipstick – this is a lovely pink lippy with a slight gold shimmer. I love it & have been wearing it most days this month. I’ve a whole post about it here if you want to read it.
6. Me Me Me Precision Eye Definer – this is a lovely black liquid eyeliner. You can achieve such a precise line with this and it lasts all day. I’ve enjoyed putting this to the test this month.
7. Mac Naked Lunch Eyeshadow – This is a fab all over the lid colour. It looks soft and makes your eye look bright. It’s a staple colour in my collection and I wear it all the time.
8. Avon Golden Glamour Blush Duo – This is so pretty. It makes me look really healthy and fresh-faced (well to an extent). You have a highlighter and a brilliant pink blush in this. So you get two great products in this. Again I have written a review of this here.
What have been your favourite products this month? Oh & do you like our new layout / look? We still have a few small issues to iron out & tweak but I think its looking fab
As some of you may know I’m a real neutral eyeshadow addict. I’m drawn to them like a moth to a flame. I seem to wear them the most. I rarely go for anything too bright & I think that a lovely brown / warm eyeshadow suits me best. So I won a giveaway a little while back and this Maybelline quad was one of the prizes & I have to tell you its a great quad
I don’t own too many Maybelline products. I’ve a few nail polishes and I’ve tried a couple of their mascaras but it’s not a brand I tend to pick up. I think this quad has persuaded me to give Maybelline a second chance . I’ve found myself reaching for this Coral Drama quad day after day. The shadows are so creamy soft and easy to apply and blend. Before I was sent this I hadn’t seen anything about these quads anywhere & now I discover they have a few different colours available. I will be picking up a few of the other ones too.
I’d describe the shades as a Soft Champagne , Light Gold, Peachy Pink, Copper Brown.
The only downside to this quad is there isn’t a matte shade but apart from that there isn’t a bad thing to say. These have a little shimmer to them and the peachy pink and the copper brown shades are my favourite. They just pop on the eye and they aren’t powdery at all. I’m seriously impressed with this. It is so handy to take with you on the go, its such a compact quad & really versatile.
Have you tried any of these quads? Let me know how you liked them or if there are any other Maybelline products I have been over looking.
You can pick this up from Superdrug for £7.19 – Although I have seen it on this site for £4.29.
It’s been a funny old month I have been to Amsterdam & to Scotland and for both trips I took samples & mini products with me & forgot to keep the empty containers, never mind. I do have a few bits that I managed to keep hold of. I still don’t think I am using up many things. I need to make more effort to use something before starting on the next product. That way I think I will use up more of the half empty bottles I have all over the place.
Being a beauty junkie there’s something satisfying about using up a whole product. Am I alone on this? Or do you feel a little sense of satisfaction too?
1. The ETAT PUR Micellar Cleansing Water £6.40 for 190ml — This was in my Latest in Beauty Box a couple of months ago & I have LOVED using is. It was my first Micellar Cleansing Water and I was so impressed with it. It broke down my makeup and removed it like a dream. I will always use a Micellar Cleansing Water now to remove my makeup before washing my face. I would repurchase this again but this ran out whilst I was on holiday & had to buy one whilst in Amsterdam and so opted for one from Yves Rocher. I will be writing a review of this soon. For £6.40 this is a great value product and I whole heartily recommend it.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir £32.00 for 100ml – I purchased this in May so it has last me a few months and I’m so sad this has run out too. I really enjoyed using it. Although I never got used to the smell. I would like to repurchase this but at the moment can’t justify the price tag & have put it on my Birthday wish list which is in October. So I am hoping someone takes pity on my addiction and buys me a bottle.
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin £20 for 100ml – This is a lovely gentle mask which just gives your face a really deep clean. This tube has lasted me so long and I used it almost every week. It’s a great quick mask for people who often don’t have time to sit with one on for ages. You really only need to leave it on for 10 mins. I would repurchase this too – but i think I will try a different one from Origins first.
4. Nivea Sensitive & Pure roll on deodorant £2.09 for 50ml – Nothing exciting but I get through a far few of these. I have repurchased a different Nivea one but is very similar. This did the job & was gentle on my under arms. Nothing more to say really.
5. Lacura Aroma Salt Scrub – This is from Aldi and I can’t find a link to buy it online anywhere. But its a great budget scrub. It’s not a heavy-duty scrub but the salt really gets your skin smooth and leaves it very soft. It’s a nice product. I have re purchased this.
6. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush £8.00 for 300ml – This didn’t last me very long but i did like it and it smells very sweet. So if you like that kind of scent you will love this. It’s a good scrub for really exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling great. I used this mostly on the backs of my arms and my elbows. I would repurchase but only when Boots have a deal on.
7. Toni & Guy Iron it Heat Spray – £1 for 50ml – This was a miniature I picked up for my holiday. Nothing special just the job but I don’t think I will repurchase.
8. Simple Eye Makeup Remover – Again this is a miniature I took away with me and I continued to use it when I got back too. It worked really well. I don’t wear really heavy eye makeup but it was gentle and all my eye makeup came off no problem. I would repurchase this.
9. Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion – This was another sample from a beauty box. This one came in a Glossybox & I am so glad it’s finally used up as i didn’t like it at all. It was too thick and so hard to rub in. I can’t see any results and really didn’t like how this felt on my skin. Not impressed.
10. Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets £2.99 for 50 I have done a review of these which you can read here if you like. I LOVE these and have purchased a few more packs as I like to have a pack in my handbag with me. I also picked some up for my mum and she is a fan too. So if you havent tried these out give them a go. They really work.
If you have done an empties post this month I’d love to read it. Leave a link to it in the comments.
Whilst I was in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago I popped into their Inglot store. I have never been to one of their stores before but I have seen so many reviews and blog posts about their products and in particular about their Freedom System Palettes. Where you get to pick and chose exactly what products and shades to put in your own palette. It’s such a good idea.
So I decided on a 10 pan Freedom System Eyeshaow Palette & I set to work picking my shades whilst my lovely hubby sat and played angry birds to keep himself from falling asleep. If you’ve made your own palette in Inglot then you will know you are so spoilt for choice and it can take a while. That’s me trying to decide & it’s only a tiny part of the shop! Its heaven for a beauty junkie & hell for your man :o)
With this being my first Inglot experience I wanted to make a palette that I’d get a lot of wear from and really use. So for me that meant I had to get more neutral tones as that’s what I seem to wear the most and I was really drawn to all those shades anyway. I tried to get a mixture of matte and more frosty colours and tried to steer myself away from the really glittery ones as I do like them but tend not to actually wear them.
The palettes themselves are really great quality – the lid part is magnetic and very strong you just slide it on and off and the magnets hold it closed. Each eyeshadow pan has 2.7g of shadow which is really great – they have 158 shades to choose from. Inglot have so many options from lovely bright colours to neutrals they offer a real spectrum of colours. It looks really beautiful in the store seeing all the colours laid out.
The colours I decided on are mostly Pearl finish apart from 2 Matte shades.
Top row : 421 – Pearl, 409 – Pearl, 357 – Matte, 405 – Pearl, 407 – Pearl
These eyeshadows are so creamy and pigmented they are so nice to work with and Im already planning my next palette. There was one shadow which was sold out and I was gutted as I really wanted it & kept picking it up even tho’ I knew it was out of stock. Crazy how we are drawn to certain shades.
I made the mistake of letting the lady in the shop put my palette together in the shop & then you have NO idea what colours you have. Unless you take out each individual pan to see the number on the bottom — and thats a task which is easier said than done took me ages to get them out.
421, 452, 405 – swatches
They are all so pigmented are pretty and I can’t wait to use them and start creating some lovely looks. Have you tried Inglot. What other products would you recommend from them? I really enjoyed my experience and am really looking forward to going to the store in London. I do wish they colours had names instead of numbers. I think it would be so much easier to remember colours that way. But ho hum