25 Nov 2014
This Festive Season Origins are proud to be stepping up their commitment to the environment and during this period of high waste they have decreased their use of paper and cartons in all of their Christmas packaging and have created more sustainable Christmas packaging. Its nice to see a global brand reaffirming their commitment to the environment & making it a priority. As always their beautiful gift boxes can be reused & repurposed, so if you’re crafty I’m sure you can think of many uses for them.
Origins are a brand I really like and have used their products for many years, I thought I would do a round up of my favourite Origins Christmas Stocking Fillers & Gift Sets. These eight gifts are the ones that caught my eye.
1. Go Ginger £22. – This is the perfect Winter Scented Gift Set, you get 3 ginger treats including, Ginger Souffle Whipped body cream 50m, Incredible Spreadable Smoothing Ginger body scrub 50m, Ginger Burst Savory body wash 50ml. This is a great affordable set & would be ideal for an indulgent treat for any loved one.
2. Let Us Glow £30 – This set comes in a pretty makeup bag & contains everything you’d need to keep your skin glowing and energised this Christmas. You get 4 products including, – GinZing Brightening mascara 14ml, GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer 30ml, GinZing Refreshing eye cream 5ml, Drink Up Hydrating lip balm and Berry Splash 7ml.
3. Masks To Go £8 – This set of four travel sized Clear Improvements Charcoal Masks. What a fab stocking filler or if you’re travelling this Christmas perfect for taking with you & keeping your skin looking clear & party ready.
4. Souffle Trio £30 – This set of three pampering body souflees will keep your skin super soft during the colder Winter months. This set contains Ginger Souffle Whipped body cream 125m, Gloomaway Grapefruit body souffle 125m and Calm To Your Senses Lavender and Vanilla body souffle 125ml. This set is an online exclusive.
5. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Set £60 – This is my favourite range from Origins, its calming and hydrating and its an absolute skin saviour. This is an excellent value set and it contains 4 products & a lovely makeup bag. Full size Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum 50ml, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser 50ml, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion 50ml, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream 30ml.
6. Christmas Bauble £12 – Every year Origins bring out their popular Festive Bauble & it sells out so quickly This is a Selfridges Exclusive & it contains 5 mini best selling products.
7. Super Star Minis £35 – A great mini indulgent set that contains 7 of Origins best selling skincare products. Including GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer 30ml, Make A Difference Rejuvenating hand treatment 15ml and Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores 15ml.
8. Moisture and Be Merry £40.00 – This Make a Difference Set is such great value & its a very popular range at Origins. This set comes with a makeup bag and 4 Make a Difference products including, Make A Difference Plus+ Skin Rejuvenating treatment 50ml, Make A Difference Plus+ Skin Rejuvenating serum 15ml, Make A Difference Rejuvenating cleansing milk 50ml and Make A Difference Plus+ Rejuvenating treatment lotion 50ml.
These are just eight of my picks from the Origins Christmas selection, they have many more available and they’re all great value. Quite a few are limited edition so if you want to buy them as gifts, or even as a gift for yourself make sure you’re quick.
22 Nov 2014
A slightly different take on the traditional Christmas Crackers. It seems each year more beauty companies are releasing Beauty Christmas Crackers and I am all for them, if I had the cash I would be purchasing Jo Malone Crackers for all my nearest & dearest.
1. Montagne Jeunesse Christmas Cracker £4.99 – You get a selection of 6 Montagne Face Masks, I have tried quite a few masks from this brand & never been disappointed.
2. Cowshed Christmas Cracker £10.00 – This cracker has a 50ml Cow Herb hand cream & 12ml Lippy Cow lip balm. The perfect Winter duo.
3. Anatomicals Smacker in a Cracker £4.50 – You get a Minty tingling lip balm and Breath freshener so its ideal if you’re hoping to kiss someone under the mistletoe this Christmas.
4. Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Christmas Cracker £20.00 – This cracker is full of body pampering products including Pink Pepperpod Replenishing Hand Cream, 40m, Pink Pepperpod Body Wash, 50m and Pink Pepperpod Nourishing Body Lotion, 50ml. So this is a little slice of luxury for only £20.
5. N07 Christmas Cracker Selection £14.00 – You get 6 crackers and inside them are a selection of mini N07 products, including nail polish and skincare. So these are great value for money at £14 for 6 crackers.
6. Philip Kingsley Body & Volume Cracker £10.00 – This is a great one for hair care fanatics. You get 3 minis and they include the very popular Elasticizer, 40m, Body Building Shampoo, 20ml and Body Building Conditioner, 20ml.
7. This Works Miracle Cracker £10.00 – This has a mini bottle of their best selling Deep Sleep Body Therapy Spray 10ml. Ideal for getting a good nights sleep post Christmas party.
1. Harvey Nichol’s Christmas Cracker Set £50.00 – This is a set of 6 luxurious crackers, they contain an assortment of extravagant beauty treats. Including, ESPA Pro Serum 8ml, Bliss Energizing Mask 10ml, bareMinerals ‘Inspiration’ Ready Eyeshadow Duo 1g, Prada Candy Florale Eau de Toilette 7ml, Laura Mercier Lip Glacé 6ml and Deborah Lippmann Nail Varnish 8ml. So these really are the ultimate beauty addicts dream crackers.
2. OPI 6 Piece Christmas Cracker Collection £22.00 – One for the nail polish fans & OPI is such a well loved brand that it would make the perfect stocking filler for any beauty lover. This cracker includes, Avoplex Lotion, Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Oil, Unfrost My Heart Nail Lacquer in silver foil. Love is Hot and Coal Nail Lacquer in brown shimmer, Cinnamon Sweet Nail Lacquer in red crème and a mini crystal file. This is one big cracker packed full of nail treats.
3. Lancome Christmas Crackers £54.00 – You get a box of 6 Lancome Crackers which contains premium Lancome including Hypnose Volume Mascara, Le Crayon Khol Eyeliner, Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate, Lip Lover, L’absolue lipstick and Bi-Facil Eye Make Up Remover. So a great mixture of products & many of their best sellers.
4. Clarins Christmas Crackers £39.00 – This is a set of 6 crackers and they contain a lovely selection of luxury Clarins skincare and makeup including their Wonder Perfect Mascara 3ml, Gentle Refiner 30ml, Beauty Flash Balm 30m and Hand and Nail Treatment Cream 30ml.
5. The Best of Space NK Crackers £48 – A luxe spin on traditional crackers, our box of six, each contain a hidden beauty treasure. Which includes a Rococo Nail Polish, Oribe Supershine Hair Cream, Life NK Body Wash, Laura Mercier Primer, Caudalíe Beauty Elixir or Lipstick Queen Gloss.
6. Festive Favourites Cracker £25.00 – This cracker contains a trio Christmas party essentials. Including, Lipstick Queen’s Nude Metal Lipstick, Rococo’s Pro Glass Nail File and a Molten Metallic Rococo Nail Polish.
7. Jo Malone Christmas Cracker – This contains 3 mini but luxurious best selling products from Jo Malone including Lime Basil and Mandarin cologne 9ml, Blackberry and Bay body and hand wash 15ml and a Nectarine Blossom and Honey body créme 15ml.
So there you have it, some of the best value & most luxurious Beauty Christmas Crackers for 2014. I have to say I like the sound of the Jo Malone one, it looks so pretty & I adore all three of the scents included. I also really like the No7 ones & think they are such good value.
Have you bought any Beauty Crackers this year, I don’t have the budget for luxury but I might treat the ladies in my life to the No7 ones & pop one cracker in their stockings.
25 Oct 2014
Don’t worry about your Christmas Party Bling this year, Benefit have you covered. Benefit are excited to announce they’ve teamed up with bling experts Swarovski Crystal and are getting ready to launch Bling Brows which is a new limited edition at counter service & a take home DIY kit that will transform your brows. So get excited for a little Bling this Party Season. These won’t be to everyones taste but its fun to experiment & these Bling Kits give you the opportunity to create your own look.
I was invited to the Manchester launch of Bling Brow* where I was lucky enough to meet International Spokesperson Jared Bailey (a true brow master) & Lisa Potter Dixon, Benefit’s Head Makeup Artist and Brow Expert (all round gorgeous lady). I heard all about the Bling Brow Kits & the buzz surrounding them. Benefit are already experts in all things Brows and for a limited time this will be a new string to their bow.
From November 1st & as long as stocks last (this is ltd edition) many of the Benefit Brow Bars & Boutiques Nationwide will be providing the Bling Brow Service so all through the Christmas Party Season you will be able to head to a participating Benefit Counter & chose your Bling Brow style & let the Benebabes Bling your brows with Swarovski Crystals which come in 8 pretty colours. There will be three Bling Brow options available at counters, ‘Touch O’ Bling’, ‘Over-The-Top Bling’, and ‘Big-Time Bling these range in price from £4 for the more subtle to £16 for more daring. Let me know what option you’d go for?
At the event I went for the more subtle option of three Greige crystals below my brow in Benefit Bling Brow & really loved the way it turned out.
Eyebrow embellishments is a trend we’ve seen on the catwalks over the years, like at the Chanel Show in Paris and on many a celebrity like the Kardashian’s and Gwen Stefani. Benefit’s Bling Brow Kits have made the trend accessible and they’re a great way of making your festive makeup more glitzy & head turning. So will you be getting your bling on this Party Season?
The at home DIY Bling Brow Kits come with 52 varying sized Swarovski Crystals, a pair of cute mini tweezers for applying them & a cute Tips & Tricks booklet (which Benefit are famous for), so if you’re not too sure on what look to create this booklet will give you ideas & helpful step by step instructions.
The Crystals are so easy to apply and the good news is they’re self adhesive & even better they’re re usable (just reapply them with lash glue), I found them to be secure and comfortable to wear. I couldn’t even feel them on my brow bone. Benefit have said they will last up to 3 days, thats some staying power. I have the Rose Gold Kit & I think this option is right on trend, Rose Gold is beautiful but still quite subtle so thats perfect for me. The Rose Gold catches the light gives your look the perfect amount of sparkle. I was worried I would feel a little old to wear these but I have to say I loved the look & if you are braver than me then you could incorporate this in to your daytime look too, who say’s this has to a be a party only look.
I’m interested to see the looks people create once these kits are launched next month. I have already seen some great takes on Benefits suggestions. I love To Become A Mum’s bling creations, some great ideas in her post for looks you can create.
At £19.50 I think these kits are quite pricey but if you’re careful with the Crystals you can reuse them & they are a very fun way of giving your look something special. Oh & as with most things Benefit the cute tin itself can be re used once you’ve had your wear of the Crystals. I plan on keeping my everyday jewellery in mine. Also the mini tweezers in this kit are so sweet & I know I will be getting a lot of use out of these. Once the Party Season is over they will be a permanent fixture in my travel makeup bag!
Keep your eye out for them being released on November 1st across Benefit Counters Nationwide & also online at www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk
Do you think you will be sporting this Bling Brow trend at your Christmas Party?
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.
23 Jun 2014
Oh WOW this is the perfect Summer Cleanser! The Origins Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser* was released this month and seems to already have a cult following. I have been putting it to the test for about 5 weeks now and its slowly but surely become my go to Summer Scrub. First off is the fact it smells incredible, fresh & fruity so that makes it all the more pleasurable to use. I like to use it in the morning after I shower, the fresh citrus Grapefruit, Lemon and Spearmint zingy scent wakes me up and the gentle exfoliating scrubbing beads do the same to my skin. So I feel well and truly awake and energised.
The cleanser has a thick gel like texture and its bursting with lots light orange exfoliating beads, although this is a manual scrub, the scrubby beads feel very gentle and not scratchy at all. I like to gently massage this in to my skin focusing on my nose area (where I tend to get blackheads) then I leave it on my skin for a couple of minutes letting the energising Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean Caffeine work their magic then I rinse with warm water and I’m left with glowing, smooth summer ready skin. This is really effective at removing dead skin cells and dirt & so boosting cell turnover to reveal vibrant skin. Also the gel like texture is very cooling on the skin and hydrating so your skin won’t be left feeling stripped or tight.
This is a great 2 in 1 product as the gel cleanser removes makeup and dirt whilst the exfoliating beads help remove the dead skin and awaken dull tired complexion. The Orange packaging is eye catching and its another great addition to the GinZing range which already boasts a moisturiser (which I love), eye cream, mascara and eyeshadow.
If you like to use products that help promote a glowing healthy complexion then this is for you & as I said this really is a gentle yet effective scrub. You don’t need to scrub your face off, just softly massage it in to your skin & rinse off.
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.← Older Entries