OSKIA Super 16 Pro-Collagen Serum* £80.00 for 30ml
This is my first ever OSKIA product & I was so excited to try it because my skin was in need of some serious TLC and this product has such an impressive line up of ingredients that I knew it was going to be such a treat. This is marketed as an Anti Ageing Super Serum & to put it plainly I agree 100%. Anti Ageing is a term that I don’t really like but if we can keep our skin looking healthy and radiant whilst boosting collagen production for as long as possible then I love using products like this serum that enable me to do just that.
I instantly loved this OSKIA Super 16 Pro-Collagen Serum but thats not to say I instantly thought it was worth the price tag, I’m a skincare addict but when I recommend something to you I want to be 100% sure I would purchase it myself and after about 2 months of almost daily use I can hand on heart say this is an incredible serum and although pricey it will be a wonderful addition to your skincare routine and if like me you’re edging closer to 40 it will give your skin exactly what it needs and more!
So this serum is a fusion of 16 super nutrients and bio actives which address multiple ageing concerns. Interestingly this serum contains a new grown breaking ingredient called Bakuchiol – which is derived from Indian Babchi Seeds (historically used to heal cuts). This new ingredient works much like Retinol and is a natural equivalent which some say is more gentle on the skin and suitable for sensitive skin. Bakuchiol is a key ingredient because it stimulates 3 key processes (also normally associated with Retinol use) – healthier, younger looking skin – reversal of the signs of ageing, prevention of future damage and reduction in the symptoms of problem skin. So its quite the super ingredient.
It is a refreshing and cooling serum which feels very gentle and lightweight on the skin despite it having a seriously long list of incredible ingredients. I love that it has a pipet because you will never use too much product or have any waste (being a pricey product thats very important to me). After massaging a few drops my skin instantly feels, plump, hydrated and smooth. The serum doesn’t feel at all greasy or like it sits on top of your skin, it feels like your skin drinks it up because within seconds it leaves your skin velvety soft.
Some of the key super nutrients bio actives and their benefits,
- Bakuchiol, a clinically compared natural alternative to retinol but without the sensitivity, leaves skin firmer, lines reduced, elasticity improved (by boosting and regulating Type 1, III & IV collagen).
- Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract (a beautiful organic cactus) rich in highly anti-oxidant Piscidic Acid and Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 & C, blocks the release of stress markers from nerve cells to calm irritated skin while providing soothing & firming benefits.
- Vitamin A Palmitate improves the appearance of mature & sun damaged skin without irritation.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps to reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Vitamins C & E deliver high level anti-oxidant benefits.
- Crithmum Seaweed Extract helps detoxify & restore tired skin.
- Punarnava Extract delivers immediate & long term soothing effects to help reduce redness & discomfort.
- OSKIA’s unique Moisturising Complex (OMC), together with Chondrus Crispus Seaweed Extract & Chicory Root hydrate, soften & refresh.
- Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM) boosts collagen & soothes.
Over the past 8 – 10 weeks I have noticed my skin looks brighter, more plump and it feels a lot more smooth to the touch. Its the more long term benefits which get me most excited and the reason why I think this serum is worth the price tag & the main two are
- Helping to reduce redness and pigmentation
- Prevention of future photo damage (protecting against UV damage).
These are my main skin concerns and fingers crossed after a little more use I will see more obvious results This serum is like a bottle of heavyweight super ingredients which have nothing but positive results on your skin. Its not an overnight WOW but if you use it regularly you will see subtle changes and I’m hoping the longer I use this in my regime I will only continue to see positive results. OSKIA is a British skincare brand committed to using only the best ingredients in their products and seem to have a really positive approach to skincare
‘We believe that the secret to a beautiful complexion lies not only in what you put on your skin, but what you put in your body. OSKIA products are therefore nutritionally-designed to improve the skin’s condition from both the inside and the outside’
OSKIA is a brand I would love to try more from so if you have any recomendations please leave me a comment & if you are looking for a serum that will help your skin to truly look its best and help prevent so many skin concerns then make sure you invest in this Super 16 Pro-Collagen Serum, you will not be disappointed.
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.