16 Aug 2012
I saw Essie Button do a post on ‘Products that have hit pan’ – so I dug mine out and discovered that the’re mostly face powders. There were only 6 products in my collection that have hit pan. This must mean I don’t wear much makeup or I’ve too many products. Hmmmm I wonder which is true.
1. Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW25 – This is my goto face powder. I use it on top of my foundation to give a little extra coverage and I love the finish it gives.
2. Pixi Eyeshadow Trio in Miranda - (gutted this is almost finished). I don’t think this is even sold anymore. It’s the old style packaging and I love it too. I’ve completely used up the lightest colour and am almost done with the other 2. It’s such a nice trio and I’ve enjoyed it a lot
3. e.l.f Clarifying Pressed Powder in Rosy Beige – This is just an easy alternative to using my Mac powder. I tend to pop this in my bag if I’m going out as I don’t mind if it gets damaged. It’s a nice powder and does the job.
4. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque – This has been a great investment and I’ve gotten a lot of use out of it. I see such a difference in my under eyes when i have this on. It really makes them a lot brighter. I will be very sad when this runs out. I really recommend this if you suffer from dark or discolouration under the eyes.
5. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealor Kit in Warm Beige – This is an OK product some days I like it and others it annoys me. I think when my under eyes are a little dehydrated then it really settled in the creases & looks bad but when my skin is OK it looks really good. I’m still undecided as to whether I’m going to repurchase. What are your thoughts on it?
6. Benefit 10 bronzing and highlighting duo – I use this so much. It is also the only bronzer / highlighter i take on my hols. It’s an old faithful and it never lets me down. I’ve hit pan on the bronzer side but its only a matter of days until I see pan on the highlighter side too. This looks so lovely on the cheeks. I will be re purchasing this for sure.
What products have you hit pan on?
9 Aug 2012
The lovely Grace from all that slap kindly picked this beautiful NARS Foreplay Blush Palette up for me & I thought i’d take some quick photos of it before I head to Amsterdam (I will be there from Tues-Sat).
I’ve heard mixed thoughts on this blush but from what I’ve seen so far I’m love with it. I haven’t had any real chance to use it so I won’t talk too much about the ins and outs of it. I just wanted to show you how lovely it was. I will do a proper review when I return from Amsterdam on Saturday.
The palette has 4 shades in and they are -Peach Matte Blush, Gold Highlighting Blush, Pink Matte Blush, Orgasm Blush. I do have Orgasm already and use that colour a lot. I’m most excited for the matt pink shade and the gold shade. I’m always on the look out for a good highlighter to add a glow to my cheekbones. The other colours are pigmented and are a great quality. As you would expect with NARS products.
Ooooo look at it in all its pretty glory. This will be so handy for travelling, I really like the size its quite compact but still giving you a good amount of each blush. You won’t need to bring any other blushes/highlighters. Perfect.
You can buy this from SpaceNK for £39.50 and you get 10g of product. Let me know if you have tried it or are thinking about purchasing it. I will be taking it with me to Amsterdam and I’m looking forward to using it.
31 Jul 2012
In my last post I spoke about the swap I’ve done with the lovely Casey of Beauty101Blog – she has sent me a box full of US goodies and I sent some British makeup bits. This lovely Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush was one of the things I REALLY wanted. I’d seen it online and it looked so lovely. It doesn’t disappoint in person either. So pretty.
This looks so pretty in the pan & looks similar to the Stilla Make Me Blush – I haven’t tried the Stilla blush so I can’t comment on how similar the actual products are but they look-alike in the pan and are both so pretty. I like to wear soft toned pink blushes they seem to suit my skin tone, and this Physicians Formula one looks quite natural on the skin. Just gives you a hint of a fresh flushed look. A perfect summer colour. This colour is called 7322 Rose and you get 7g of product for $11.95
They say this blush in infused with ‘natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress’ I don’t know about that but it sounds good and if it works then that’s fine by me. I noticed that this blush also had a little light reflecting quality to it too. Making the cheeks look really healthy with a pop of colour. Anything that makes me look a little brighter and healthier is going to get the thumbs up from me.
I’m pleased with blush this and have worn it all week, it applies really well on the cheek. Not powdery at all and gives a satin finish. Very pretty indeed. Nice and natural looking. Another good thing is there us no shimmer which helps make this blush look more natural on the cheek.
The blush part flips up to reveal a brush and a mirror, this is a little gimmicky for me. The mirror is a good addition but I tend not to use the brushes that come with products as they are never really that great. It’s a cute idea but I’m not really a fan.
What American products are you lusting over. I have such a big wish list it’s getting out of control. Please tell me you’re the same.