I don’t have a huge collection of brushes but since blogging I’ve bought more than ever before. I’m happy with the ones I do own and I thought I would share with you 6 of my favourite brushes (at the moment).
1. Sonia Kashuk Duo Fibre Multipurpose Brush – This is part of a travel set I picked up whilst in San Francisco last year. I like the whole set but I have been using this one a lot for applying my blusher. I find that it picks up just the right amount of product & it’s easy to knock off any excess powder. It is soft & the brush isn’t too dense, I sweep it along my cheeks and it applies powder blush perfectly. I love the brightly coloured handle too.
2. Ecotools Full Powder Brush – Again this is part of a mini travel set & this EcoTools Fresh & Flawless Set is one of my favourite ever sets of brushes, its a gorgeous set. I use this one for applying my bronzer, this brush is quite fluffy, oval shaped and fairly dense but the brush head isn’t too big and so you can apply just the perfect amount of product to specific areas. I can often go a little OTT with bronzer when I use a big brush so this keeps me in check.
3. UBU No.35 Eyemazing Tapered Blending Brush – I use this brush for blending my eyeshadow, it is purple which makes me happy and the bristles are quite long but soft & easy to blend. I tend to only wear two colours at a time on my lids so I use this to soften the edges.
4. Nanshy Large Shader Brush* – I use this to pack on my eyeshadow before using brush 3 to blend it out. These Nanshy Brushes are amongst the softest & best quality I have ever tried. This picks up a good amount of shadow and the dense firm bristles makes it great for precision.
5. Crown Brush C325 Large pro angled eye brush – I use this to blend shadow through my crease and outer corner, its the perfect angle for that. I have found it sheds a little to begin with but after a few washes that stops. This feels smooth on the eye, its great for getting right into the socket and blends shadow like a dream. This is the only Crown Brush I have but I would be tempted to get a few more.
6. Bobbi Brown Eye Blender – It took me a while to find the best way to use this brush as the bristles are very long and not all that dense. I didn’t get on well using it as a blending brush but I now use it to set my under eye concealer. Its large enough to lightly sweep under the eye applying just enough powder to set my concealer without looking too heavy. Its small and easy to manoeuvre and also light to softly apply the powder.
An honourable mention for my Real Techniques Stippling Brush which I use to apply my foundation, I find this brush is the perfect size for applying liquid foundation and gives me a flawless finish.
What are your must have brushes?
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.