15 Oct 2013
I suffer from the odd blemish and like everyone I try to stop them appearing and getting too red and angry. So I have a few products which help me keep my skin clean and keep the blemishes at bay.
Pixi Glow Tonic
This is a great chemical exfoliator with Glycolic Acid, which helps keep the skin very clean and reduces the dark marks left by old blemishes. This product breaks down and removes the dead skin to keep your skin looking bright and radiant. It is alcohol free which means it doesn’t dry your skin out. I use this everyday in the morning and love it. This can only be bought in the Carnaby Street store at them moment, but I have heard its going to be added to their online store in the very near future.
This is a charcoal mask is also great if you have oily skin. It is really good at cleaning out your pores & removing any bacteria build up. It dries quite tight on your skin but doesn’t dry it out. My skin gets a little congested around my chin and find this mask is good to help clear that up. It’s a good mask to use once a week to give your skin a deep clean and draw out all the impurities.
This is good for Oily & Blemish prone skin as the oil helps calm skin, tighten pores and locks in moisture. I find this oil very calming on my skin and it keeps my hormonal breakouts to a minimum, my blemishes tend not to be as sore. I use this oil at least 3 times a week at night and two drops are all I need. I massage the oil all over my face and find it takes about 5 minutes to absorb into my skin. Since using this my skin is more radiant and my old blemish scars are reduced. I love the scent of this too its botanical and really relaxing.
This helps my skin go back to basics, it gives my face a really clean feel with out drying it out. It is a gel cleanser which gives your skin a very deep clean. It removes dead skin and bacteria build up and unclogs your pores. It smells a little medicated but I still find it gentle enough on my skin. I like to use this if I’ve been wearing my makeup up for a long time. This cleanser also has salicylic acid in and so helps to reduce blemishes. This is well worth adding to your routine if you suffer from breakouts.
This is aimed at people whose skin is experiencing the signs of stress (I know mine is). It is also geared towards skin that’s showing signs of fatigue and that is becoming dull. This is my skin in a nutshell, I’m stressed and that makes my skin stressed and I get more breakouts.
This moisturiser works well to calm redness and improve uneven skin tone, I find using this helps keep my skin look fresh and gives it a good boost of hydration too. This contains Rosa Gallica which helps calm inflammation and also Chamomile which is very gentle and soothing. This Skin Rescuer can be used day or night which is good and I really think its helping reduce my redness and keep my skin looking more radiant.
Before I put any skincare or make up on my face I always use a hand sanitiser as I hate the thought of transferring any dirt or bacteria on to my skin, which can lead to breakouts. So this is a step I never miss, it is so important to keep our hands clean. It is a simple step but one so many people forget. I find these B&BW ones smell amazing and are a little more enjoyable to use.
So these are a few of the products I use to keep my skin clean and reduce the amount of breakouts I get. Are there any products you rely on to keep your skin blemish free?
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.
15 Dec 2012
I have just returned from a 5 day trip to Scotland. I packed light and one thing I didn’t take with me was my beloved Clarins Lotus Oil. It’s quite a bulky glass bottle and I didn’t want it getting damaged. So I left it behind and am regretting that decision. As my skin is so angry at me for not using it. I’ve a couple of super sore spots and my skin isn’t looking as fresh as before my trip.
I’ve been using the Lotus Oil for about 7 weeks now and my skin just drinks this stuff up. The Clarins lady in the Liverpool John Lewis (who was lovely) said this oil was great for combination / Oily skin that’s acne prone & that sums me right up. I wasn’t always acne prone it seems that my 30′s have brought about a real change in my skin. The Clarins Oil has been helping keep my skin hydrated and the acne at bay. Especially the really big sore spots – they’re almost non-existent whist using this. The Oil helps to balance my skin. It keeps my Oily T Zone under control and gives enough moisture to my dehydrated areas too. This its quite the miracle oil.
I use this 3 – 4 times a week at night, it’s a ritual I look forward too. This Lotus Oil smells amazing and after I massage it into my skin it leaves it feeling smooth and hydrated. In the morning I wake up to bright, fresh younger looking skin and I like that. I can’t recommend this enough. It comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a pip-pet dispenser, I like this method as you don’t waste any. I use two drops and that’s plenty. The Oil warms up in your hands and is so easy to massage in, the two drop may not look like enough to cover your face but believe me it really is.
I paid £29 from John Lewis and think its great value for money.
This is a product that feels luxurious and is worth the price tag. I’ve seen great results and the fact that my skin is looking sorry for itself as I didn’t take it with me to Scotland shows me that it’s a necessary part of my night-time routine and I won’t be leaving it at home again. Have you tried any of the Clarins Face Treatment Oils?
28 Aug 2012
It’s been a funny old month I have been to Amsterdam & to Scotland and for both trips I took samples & mini products with me & forgot to keep the empty containers, never mind. I do have a few bits that I managed to keep hold of. I still don’t think I am using up many things. I need to make more effort to use something before starting on the next product. That way I think I will use up more of the half empty bottles I have all over the place.
Being a beauty junkie there’s something satisfying about using up a whole product. Am I alone on this? Or do you feel a little sense of satisfaction too?
1. The ETAT PUR Micellar Cleansing Water £6.40 for 190ml — This was in my Latest in Beauty Box a couple of months ago & I have LOVED using is. It was my first Micellar Cleansing Water and I was so impressed with it. It broke down my makeup and removed it like a dream. I will always use a Micellar Cleansing Water now to remove my makeup before washing my face. I would repurchase this again but this ran out whilst I was on holiday & had to buy one whilst in Amsterdam and so opted for one from Yves Rocher. I will be writing a review of this soon. For £6.40 this is a great value product and I whole heartily recommend it.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir £32.00 for 100ml – I purchased this in May so it has last me a few months and I’m so sad this has run out too. I really enjoyed using it. Although I never got used to the smell. I would like to repurchase this but at the moment can’t justify the price tag & have put it on my Birthday wish list which is in October. So I am hoping someone takes pity on my addiction and buys me a bottle.
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin £20 for 100ml – This is a lovely gentle mask which just gives your face a really deep clean. This tube has lasted me so long and I used it almost every week. It’s a great quick mask for people who often don’t have time to sit with one on for ages. You really only need to leave it on for 10 mins. I would repurchase this too – but i think I will try a different one from Origins first.
4. Nivea Sensitive & Pure roll on deodorant £2.09 for 50ml – Nothing exciting but I get through a far few of these. I have repurchased a different Nivea one but is very similar. This did the job & was gentle on my under arms. Nothing more to say really.
Lacura Salt Scrub / Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Scrub
5. Lacura Aroma Salt Scrub – This is from Aldi and I can’t find a link to buy it online anywhere. But its a great budget scrub. It’s not a heavy-duty scrub but the salt really gets your skin smooth and leaves it very soft. It’s a nice product. I have re purchased this.
6. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush £8.00 for 300ml – This didn’t last me very long but i did like it and it smells very sweet. So if you like that kind of scent you will love this. It’s a good scrub for really exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling great. I used this mostly on the backs of my arms and my elbows. I would repurchase but only when Boots have a deal on.
7. Toni & Guy Iron it Heat Spray – £1 for 50ml – This was a miniature I picked up for my holiday. Nothing special just the job but I don’t think I will repurchase.
8. Simple Eye Makeup Remover - Again this is a miniature I took away with me and I continued to use it when I got back too. It worked really well. I don’t wear really heavy eye makeup but it was gentle and all my eye makeup came off no problem. I would repurchase this.
9. Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion - This was another sample from a beauty box. This one came in a Glossybox & I am so glad it’s finally used up as i didn’t like it at all. It was too thick and so hard to rub in. I can’t see any results and really didn’t like how this felt on my skin. Not impressed.
10. Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets £2.99 for 50 I have done a review of these which you can read here if you like. I LOVE these and have purchased a few more packs as I like to have a pack in my handbag with me. I also picked some up for my mum and she is a fan too. So if you havent tried these out give them a go. They really work.
If you have done an empties post this month I’d love to read it. Leave a link to it in the comments.