28 Aug 2012
It’s been a funny old month I have been to Amsterdam & to Scotland and for both trips I took samples & mini products with me & forgot to keep the empty containers, never mind. I do have a few bits that I managed to keep hold of. I still don’t think I am using up many things. I need to make more effort to use something before starting on the next product. That way I think I will use up more of the half empty bottles I have all over the place.
Being a beauty junkie there’s something satisfying about using up a whole product. Am I alone on this? Or do you feel a little sense of satisfaction too?
1. The ETAT PUR Micellar Cleansing Water £6.40 for 190ml — This was in my Latest in Beauty Box a couple of months ago & I have LOVED using is. It was my first Micellar Cleansing Water and I was so impressed with it. It broke down my makeup and removed it like a dream. I will always use a Micellar Cleansing Water now to remove my makeup before washing my face. I would repurchase this again but this ran out whilst I was on holiday & had to buy one whilst in Amsterdam and so opted for one from Yves Rocher. I will be writing a review of this soon. For £6.40 this is a great value product and I whole heartily recommend it.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir £32.00 for 100ml – I purchased this in May so it has last me a few months and I’m so sad this has run out too. I really enjoyed using it. Although I never got used to the smell. I would like to repurchase this but at the moment can’t justify the price tag & have put it on my Birthday wish list which is in October. So I am hoping someone takes pity on my addiction and buys me a bottle.
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin £20 for 100ml – This is a lovely gentle mask which just gives your face a really deep clean. This tube has lasted me so long and I used it almost every week. It’s a great quick mask for people who often don’t have time to sit with one on for ages. You really only need to leave it on for 10 mins. I would repurchase this too – but i think I will try a different one from Origins first.
4. Nivea Sensitive & Pure roll on deodorant £2.09 for 50ml – Nothing exciting but I get through a far few of these. I have repurchased a different Nivea one but is very similar. This did the job & was gentle on my under arms. Nothing more to say really.
Lacura Salt Scrub / Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Scrub
5. Lacura Aroma Salt Scrub – This is from Aldi and I can’t find a link to buy it online anywhere. But its a great budget scrub. It’s not a heavy-duty scrub but the salt really gets your skin smooth and leaves it very soft. It’s a nice product. I have re purchased this.
6. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush £8.00 for 300ml – This didn’t last me very long but i did like it and it smells very sweet. So if you like that kind of scent you will love this. It’s a good scrub for really exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling great. I used this mostly on the backs of my arms and my elbows. I would repurchase but only when Boots have a deal on.
7. Toni & Guy Iron it Heat Spray – £1 for 50ml – This was a miniature I picked up for my holiday. Nothing special just the job but I don’t think I will repurchase.
8. Simple Eye Makeup Remover - Again this is a miniature I took away with me and I continued to use it when I got back too. It worked really well. I don’t wear really heavy eye makeup but it was gentle and all my eye makeup came off no problem. I would repurchase this.
9. Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion - This was another sample from a beauty box. This one came in a Glossybox & I am so glad it’s finally used up as i didn’t like it at all. It was too thick and so hard to rub in. I can’t see any results and really didn’t like how this felt on my skin. Not impressed.
10. Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets £2.99 for 50 I have done a review of these which you can read here if you like. I LOVE these and have purchased a few more packs as I like to have a pack in my handbag with me. I also picked some up for my mum and she is a fan too. So if you havent tried these out give them a go. They really work.
If you have done an empties post this month I’d love to read it. Leave a link to it in the comments.
6 Aug 2012
I picked up these Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets when I was on a shopping spree in Superdrug. I wasn’t expecting too much from them as I’ve tried other brands version of these and never been too bowled over by the results. I took them out with me on an exceptionally warm day and I’m so glad I did. I noticed that I was looking really oily and greasy on my forehead and chin – these sheets sorted that right out. I dabbed them on holding the sheet in place for a second or two just to absorb as much oil as possible and they really worked. They are powder free and they don’t take off any of your makeup.
They come in a great sized packet. Perfect to pop in your handbag and the sheets themselves are purple and have a pattern on one side. When you blot them on your skin they’re really soft and powder free as i said before and as far as i can tell they are scent free. They come in handy packs of 50 sheets so that should last a for a good amount of time. I paid £2.99 for mine from Superdrug but I know you can pick them up from Asda, Tesco and most supermarkets. So they are easy to get hold of if their not sold out.
I will be carrying these with me at all times. No more oily forehead for me! Have you tried anything else from this range?
3 Aug 2012
I’ve not had a minute to do this post over the past week, I thought I’d best post it now otherwise it would soon be time to do my August faves. That’s how fast this year is going. I’ve been keeping my favourite products in a little basket so I could find them. I seem to have a habit of misplacing things at the moment.
These are my July favourites,
1. Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser spf 20 in the shade nude – this is a really lovely lightweight tinted moisturiser. It feels so nice on the skin, it’s quite a sheer coverage but thats perfect for days when you’re not wanting to apply a full face of makeup. It really has some staying power too. It applies smoothly on the face and gives you such a fresh-faced look and I love it.
2. Burt’s Bees’ Milk and Honey body lotion – I received this in a Glossybox and have been using it on my legs as they are so dry. This lotion smells amazingly. It’s really moisturising and the good thing is it’s not too heavy and doesn’t leave the skin feeling tacky. I will be purchasing the full size when this tube runs out
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser spf15 – This is a really hydrating moisturiser and I’ve had it for about 5 months and used it almost everyday. Its lasted ages. My skin just drinks this up and it leaves it feeling so soft.
4. Aesop Parsley Seed Serum – I use this at night EVERY night and I would say its my favourite product of the whole year. I couldn’t imagine my skincare routine without this in it. It’s amazing and I’m excited to try more from the range.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in Cherish – all i need to say on these is I LOVE THEM. They’re so smooth on the lips and they last for ages.
6. bareMinerals Buxom Lips in Bambi – this lip gloss is so nice its quite long-lasting and the colours is lovely for summer I always have it in my handbag
7. Mac Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch – love wearing this colour all over the lid for a simple eye look. It’s just a pretty colour.
8. MUA trio in Innocence – a great trio and perfect for a smokey eye. These shadows are such great quality.
9. Kleenex Shine Sheets – having an oily t zone these are a god send. I will do a proper review on these but i don;t leave home without them now.
10. Avon Supershock eyeliner in golden fawn – this is great for a subtle brown with a hint of shimmer. It just glides on effortlessly.
11. Avon Glimmerstick in black ice – another really great eyeliner just easy to wear and long-lasting. These are really good to smoke out and blend.
What are your favourite products from July?