4 Mar 2013
I use the same skincare and makeup products day-to-day. I seem to be in a bit of a routine with both. I thought I’d show you 3 products that I’ve been really enjoying using at the moment.
B. Pure Micellar Water – this is quite a new brand which is being sold in Superdrug they have a great range of skincare and makeup. I only picked this up to see how I got on & I’ve been using it for about a month now. I have tried various Micellar Waters over the past year and out of the ones I’ve tried this one from B. Pure is my favourite.
It is sold as a cleanser, but I have to say that I use this to remove most of my makeup, however I do use a cream cleanser and face cloth to remove the rest. This is a really refreshing cleanser it smells nice too, it smells fresh but I wouldn’t be happy just using this without washing my face too. I am happy I picked this up and will be repurchasing it when it runs out. You can buy it in Superdrug for £4.99
Tommy Guns Weather Protect Dew Drops Serum * There is nothing I like more than to have glossy healthy looking hair, as I get older my hair seems to be more frizzy than glossy. I’m always on the hunt for great haircare products that keep my hair healthy and in good condition. This serum which I received in a goodie bag last year has been a god send during what I would say has been the coldest winter EVER!
A couple drops of this Tommy Guns Serum works magic, you run it through wet hair, I mostly put it through the length of my hair as if I put too much product on my roots my hair gets really weighed down and goes greasy quickly. This serum gives your hair such a fantastic glossy finish and leaves it so soft to the touch. I’ve also tried it on dry hair to manage frizz and to add a little shine (only a tiny amount) and that works great too. This 50ml bottle is going to last me years! You can buy this serum online for £6.50 for 50ml
Nivea Express Hydration Primer - The beauty world seems to have gone primer mad this past year and I was pleased to see a high street brand release a really good one. With this being a great price I use it everyday under my base and find it to be lightweight and hydrating. It works well to make my foundation last all day. It not only lasts it helps keep my skin hydrated. Not a huge amount to say about this other than I like it and its a great budget primer.
What have you been loving so far this year?
* I was kindly given the Tommy Guns Serum to try. But the review is 100% my own.
27 Jan 2013
I have seen this tag going about the blogging sphere and in particular on The Sunday Girl Blog and I thought I would show you whats lurking in my shower. Nothing too exciting, but we all like to have a nosey right?!
CHANEL MOUSSE DOUCEUR Rinse-off Foaming Mousse Cleanser Balance + Anti-Pollution I’ve repurchased this a few times and that says a lot for me as I am always on to the next when something runs out. This is a hefty tube of cleanser it lasts the longest time. It normally lasts me around 3 months. I tend to use it in the morning. It’s like my little piece of luxury in the morning. There isn’t too must to say apart from I really like how this is gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling ready and fresh for the day. This cleanser is £29.00 for 150ml & I purchase mine from House of Fraser
Nivea Happy Time Shower Cream shower gel / body wash is something I never repurchase. I head for what ever is on offer. This Nivea one smells really citrus and fresh. I really like it. It’s on offer in Superdrug for 98p. It is very hydrating and leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling lovely.
Naked Bounce Curl Defining Shampoo & Conditioner* I have done a full review of this here if you’d like to read it. I like these as I wear my hair natural most days & that for me is wavy. These give my wavy hair a little extra help and leaves my hair looking healthy and bouncy.
Superdrug Vitamin E Exfoliating Body Scrub I’m a massive fan of exfoliation my legs. I don’t really tan so it’s not for that but I just like to get the blood flowing to them in the morning, wake them up and I like to get rid of all the dead skin. This utter bargain from Superdrug has become my favourite exfoliator. Its bursting with exfoliants and you get a great scrub for your money. I have stocked up on a fair few tubes. I urge you o give this a go. It doesn’t have a yummy scent like Soap and Glory but it is one hell of a good scrub. Its Superdrug’s own brand it’s £1.50 for 100ml
No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator this is just OK, If I’m honest I’m trying to use this up, but It is taking forever. I use a tiny bit once a week, mostly around my mouth and chin but it’s not the best product I’ve used. I picked it up with a No7 Voucher and wouldn’t buy it again. If the Boots search option worked on their site I would be able to link to the product. But it doesn’t (Shock Horror). But if you’re interested you can pick this up from No7 Counters for £8.00
If you have written a post like this post the link in the comments so I can have a look. Do you use any of the products I have mentioned? Let me know.
28 Aug 2012
It’s been a funny old month I have been to Amsterdam & to Scotland and for both trips I took samples & mini products with me & forgot to keep the empty containers, never mind. I do have a few bits that I managed to keep hold of. I still don’t think I am using up many things. I need to make more effort to use something before starting on the next product. That way I think I will use up more of the half empty bottles I have all over the place.
Being a beauty junkie there’s something satisfying about using up a whole product. Am I alone on this? Or do you feel a little sense of satisfaction too?
1. The ETAT PUR Micellar Cleansing Water £6.40 for 190ml — This was in my Latest in Beauty Box a couple of months ago & I have LOVED using is. It was my first Micellar Cleansing Water and I was so impressed with it. It broke down my makeup and removed it like a dream. I will always use a Micellar Cleansing Water now to remove my makeup before washing my face. I would repurchase this again but this ran out whilst I was on holiday & had to buy one whilst in Amsterdam and so opted for one from Yves Rocher. I will be writing a review of this soon. For £6.40 this is a great value product and I whole heartily recommend it.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir £32.00 for 100ml – I purchased this in May so it has last me a few months and I’m so sad this has run out too. I really enjoyed using it. Although I never got used to the smell. I would like to repurchase this but at the moment can’t justify the price tag & have put it on my Birthday wish list which is in October. So I am hoping someone takes pity on my addiction and buys me a bottle.
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin £20 for 100ml – This is a lovely gentle mask which just gives your face a really deep clean. This tube has lasted me so long and I used it almost every week. It’s a great quick mask for people who often don’t have time to sit with one on for ages. You really only need to leave it on for 10 mins. I would repurchase this too – but i think I will try a different one from Origins first.
4. Nivea Sensitive & Pure roll on deodorant £2.09 for 50ml – Nothing exciting but I get through a far few of these. I have repurchased a different Nivea one but is very similar. This did the job & was gentle on my under arms. Nothing more to say really.
Lacura Salt Scrub / Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Scrub
5. Lacura Aroma Salt Scrub – This is from Aldi and I can’t find a link to buy it online anywhere. But its a great budget scrub. It’s not a heavy-duty scrub but the salt really gets your skin smooth and leaves it very soft. It’s a nice product. I have re purchased this.
6. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush £8.00 for 300ml – This didn’t last me very long but i did like it and it smells very sweet. So if you like that kind of scent you will love this. It’s a good scrub for really exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling great. I used this mostly on the backs of my arms and my elbows. I would repurchase but only when Boots have a deal on.
7. Toni & Guy Iron it Heat Spray – £1 for 50ml – This was a miniature I picked up for my holiday. Nothing special just the job but I don’t think I will repurchase.
8. Simple Eye Makeup Remover - Again this is a miniature I took away with me and I continued to use it when I got back too. It worked really well. I don’t wear really heavy eye makeup but it was gentle and all my eye makeup came off no problem. I would repurchase this.
9. Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion - This was another sample from a beauty box. This one came in a Glossybox & I am so glad it’s finally used up as i didn’t like it at all. It was too thick and so hard to rub in. I can’t see any results and really didn’t like how this felt on my skin. Not impressed.
10. Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets £2.99 for 50 I have done a review of these which you can read here if you like. I LOVE these and have purchased a few more packs as I like to have a pack in my handbag with me. I also picked some up for my mum and she is a fan too. So if you havent tried these out give them a go. They really work.
If you have done an empties post this month I’d love to read it. Leave a link to it in the comments.