7 Mar 2014
I had some vouchers left over from Christmas & decided it was time I spent them. L’Oreal had 3 for 2 so I had to make the most of that offer. This is what I came home with.
Revlon Photoready Skinlights in 200 Pink Light £11.99 – This is a gorgeous pinky peach highlight. I have seen people use this as a primer all over their face, I think I will be using it on my cheekbones to highlight, it is very pretty. This will be nice for Spring & giving me a healthy glow.
L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Vanilla £9.99 – This is my first L’Oreal foundation and it took me ages to decide on my shade & I’m still not too sure I have the right one. I am sure I will make it work.
L’Oreal Color Rich Smoky Quad in Rose Memories £7.99 - Hello my perfect shades. These are so pretty and very me. They do all have shimmer in them so this won’t be everyones cup of tea, but I am in love with every shade. The packaging of this is slim and compact it looks and feels quite luxurious.
L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim in Intense Black £6.99 – I’ve tried and loved many L’Oreal liquid liners and had to try this one. It has a super find nib and its very very black. I’m smitten, I like to wear eyeliner most days and often I go for a very fine cat flick and this is perfect for that job.
Rimmel Glam Eyes HD 5 Colour Eye Shadow in 022 Brixton Brown £6.99 – Purchased after reading Amy’s post I really liked all the colours & it’s the kind of colours I feel comfortable wearing , this Rimmel one isn’t as shimmery as the L’Oreal Quad & it has a matte shade in there too. Very nice palette indeed.
BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine in Passion Fruit £3.99 – This is such a bright bold red/pink shade. Its gorgeous & I am hoping as the weather gets a little nicer & warmer I can wear this on my toes. So pretty. I love these BarryM Gelly polishes.
Maybelline Color Show in Green With Envy £2.99 – This is a lovely mint green, I like these little Maybelline polishes and they have such a great selection of colours & some fun glitters too.
I also popped into LUSH & bought 2 things from their Easter range.
Bunny Bubble Bar £3.25- How utterly cute is this little guy. I’m going to be a little sad to put him in my bath.
Fluffy Egg £2.95 – Very pink and cute. This smells so nice & relaxing.
So thats my mini haul. Let me know if you’ve tried any of the products & keep your eyes peeled for reviews on all of these.
17 Dec 2012
I was one of those people who tried everyday to win a Revlon Lip Butter on Facebook & to my surprise one popped through my door. I’ve never tried them before but have swatched them a few times in store. I like their texture and the colour range is so pretty too. Now I have one I want more. That’s always the way, right?
The colour I have is Cupcake 055 – it’s a sweet baby pink. A lovely wearable shade. The colour isn’t super intense. It’s subtle and gives your lips a hint of colour. Perfect for me as I’m quite a wimp when it comes to bold lip colours. I tend to stick to quite plain easy to wear colours, so I’m really looking forward to wearing this Cupcake Revlon Lip Butter.
Now I’m on the hunt for more colours – which would you recommend? Were you lucky enough to win something from the Revlon Sweet Boutique?
You can see the Revlon Lip Butter Range here
3 Aug 2012
I’ve not had a minute to do this post over the past week, I thought I’d best post it now otherwise it would soon be time to do my August faves. That’s how fast this year is going. I’ve been keeping my favourite products in a little basket so I could find them. I seem to have a habit of misplacing things at the moment.
These are my July favourites,
1. Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser spf 20 in the shade nude – this is a really lovely lightweight tinted moisturiser. It feels so nice on the skin, it’s quite a sheer coverage but thats perfect for days when you’re not wanting to apply a full face of makeup. It really has some staying power too. It applies smoothly on the face and gives you such a fresh-faced look and I love it.
2. Burt’s Bees’ Milk and Honey body lotion – I received this in a Glossybox and have been using it on my legs as they are so dry. This lotion smells amazingly. It’s really moisturising and the good thing is it’s not too heavy and doesn’t leave the skin feeling tacky. I will be purchasing the full size when this tube runs out
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser spf15 – This is a really hydrating moisturiser and I’ve had it for about 5 months and used it almost everyday. Its lasted ages. My skin just drinks this up and it leaves it feeling so soft.
4. Aesop Parsley Seed Serum – I use this at night EVERY night and I would say its my favourite product of the whole year. I couldn’t imagine my skincare routine without this in it. It’s amazing and I’m excited to try more from the range.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in Cherish – all i need to say on these is I LOVE THEM. They’re so smooth on the lips and they last for ages.
6. bareMinerals Buxom Lips in Bambi – this lip gloss is so nice its quite long-lasting and the colours is lovely for summer I always have it in my handbag
7. Mac Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch – love wearing this colour all over the lid for a simple eye look. It’s just a pretty colour.
8. MUA trio in Innocence – a great trio and perfect for a smokey eye. These shadows are such great quality.
9. Kleenex Shine Sheets – having an oily t zone these are a god send. I will do a proper review on these but i don;t leave home without them now.
10. Avon Supershock eyeliner in golden fawn – this is great for a subtle brown with a hint of shimmer. It just glides on effortlessly.
11. Avon Glimmerstick in black ice – another really great eyeliner just easy to wear and long-lasting. These are really good to smoke out and blend.
What are your favourite products from July?
16 Jul 2012
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains — mother of god these are the bomb. I’ve a new love in the lip department. I popped into Superdrug on Saturday as you do – with a moaning hubby in tow ‘we were just in here yesterday‘ I wanted to swatch these Revlon Lip Stains & I stood there at the stand for about 20 mins swatching and trying to decide which colour to pick up. That was a tough desicion as all the colours look really wearable.
I decided on the dark pink shade in Lovesick 020 & it’s a lovely brght pink. So easy to apply in this chunky crayon which just twists up and boy does it have some staying power. I applied this and went out into town & about 2 hours later had a little look to see how it was lasting & it was still on my lips & the colour was lovely and bright & id say it lasted a good 2.5 hours before i topped it up. I’m a fan of these crayons and thats putting it mildly. I’m going back to get the whole lot of them – 6 shades in total. At the moment they are on sale in Superdrug for £5.99 thats £2 off.
Now I have this pretty crayon in my collection I’m afraid my lipsticks will be left out in the cold. These crayons are great to just throw in your bag & you don’t need to reapply them often. I can’t say for the other shades but Lovesick is really pigmented even after a good couple of hours. This colour is really buildable and you can achieve a really bright deep pink shade that has a great pop of colour.
I’ve heard people say these are quite drying, i apply a moisturising lip balm about 10 mins before applying the stain and that seems to work for me. If you have really dry lips normally then you may find these a little on the dry side but so far I’ve been OK.
So if your after a really great lip product for on the go then these are the crayons for you! As soon as the shops open in the morning I’m heading out to pick up the rest of these before Superdrug increase the price. (I need them, OK?!)
This is it swatched just one swipe. The weather turned on me at this point & was too dull to get another swatch. But i will update tomorrow (weather permitting) with a more built up swatch. The colour is still pretty even from such a light swatch.
Have you tried these wonder crayons yet? If so which shades?