4 Mar 2013
I use the same skincare and makeup products day-to-day. I seem to be in a bit of a routine with both. I thought I’d show you 3 products that I’ve been really enjoying using at the moment.
B. Pure Micellar Water – this is quite a new brand which is being sold in Superdrug they have a great range of skincare and makeup. I only picked this up to see how I got on & I’ve been using it for about a month now. I have tried various Micellar Waters over the past year and out of the ones I’ve tried this one from B. Pure is my favourite.
It is sold as a cleanser, but I have to say that I use this to remove most of my makeup, however I do use a cream cleanser and face cloth to remove the rest. This is a really refreshing cleanser it smells nice too, it smells fresh but I wouldn’t be happy just using this without washing my face too. I am happy I picked this up and will be repurchasing it when it runs out. You can buy it in Superdrug for £4.99
Tommy Guns Weather Protect Dew Drops Serum * There is nothing I like more than to have glossy healthy looking hair, as I get older my hair seems to be more frizzy than glossy. I’m always on the hunt for great haircare products that keep my hair healthy and in good condition. This serum which I received in a goodie bag last year has been a god send during what I would say has been the coldest winter EVER!
A couple drops of this Tommy Guns Serum works magic, you run it through wet hair, I mostly put it through the length of my hair as if I put too much product on my roots my hair gets really weighed down and goes greasy quickly. This serum gives your hair such a fantastic glossy finish and leaves it so soft to the touch. I’ve also tried it on dry hair to manage frizz and to add a little shine (only a tiny amount) and that works great too. This 50ml bottle is going to last me years! You can buy this serum online for £6.50 for 50ml
Nivea Express Hydration Primer - The beauty world seems to have gone primer mad this past year and I was pleased to see a high street brand release a really good one. With this being a great price I use it everyday under my base and find it to be lightweight and hydrating. It works well to make my foundation last all day. It not only lasts it helps keep my skin hydrated. Not a huge amount to say about this other than I like it and its a great budget primer.
What have you been loving so far this year?
* I was kindly given the Tommy Guns Serum to try. But the review is 100% my own.
14 Aug 2012
Before I went to Amsterdam I’d made a few purchases that I forgot to blog about. So better late than never right. These are the what I bought.
Where I lived before in Dundee they had the worst selection of MUA products on the planet. Its used to drive me mental. I so wanted to see the full collection and instead had to put up with a few things from their £1 range. This did not go down well with me. So you can imagine my delight upon moving to Manchester & discovering the most well stocked MUA stand I’ve ever seen. I was in product heaven & may of even let out a little squeal of delight when I saw it. So excited when I saw this…….
Ok so after I calmed down I picked up two MUA palettes the Undressed palette and the Heaven and Earth palette for £4 each. Both are amazing. I’m sure most of you own them by now. I’m very late to that party. From MUA I also picked up their Eye Primer which I’ve heard lots of good things about which is £2.50.
BarryM had a deal on their nail polish in Superdrug where it was 2 for £5 i picked up the shades Block Orange 301 and Pink Iridescent 264. I had to pick up the orange shade as it was jut such a POP of colour. The pink iridescent is beautiful too and looks great as a glittery top coat. You can’t really go wrong with a BarryM polish.
I also picked up a Accessorize baked eyeshadow in Golden Brown it’s a lovely copper toned colour with a little golden shimmer. It’s quite pretty. I love baked eyeshadow and blushe. I can’t get enough of them.
Then ast but not least was the DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and i put the blame for this purchase upon Estee of Essie Button as i watched her YouTube video and she said how AMAzing it was and how long her lashes looked after using this & I though how good can this be. So I bought it in Selfridges for £23 and OMG its bloody amazing. It makes your lashes look super long and defined. I will be doing a whole blog on this little miracle worker so watch this space.
So that was my pre holiday haul – like I needed to be spending any money prior to going to Amsterdam! But I’m really pleased with all my purchases. Have you tried any of these things?
10 Aug 2012
This is the skincare I’m taking with me to Amsterdam. We are going for 5 days for our 13 year anniversary. We have been before and absolutely love the city. It’s so beautiful and we love walking up and down the canals esp at night. It’s so romantic. So I thought I’d let you have a quick peek as to what skincare bits and bobs im taking. I am a nightmare at packing esp when it comes to packing products. I can never decide what to take and end up taking far too many things. I am sure most of you are the same. This time I knew i had a fair few sample sizes from various beauty boxes and magazine freebies so they came in very handy.
I have tried to be as good as possible and pack as little as i think i can get away with. I think all these are miniatures or sample sizes, so that’s great. I’m taking a few things that I’ve not tried yet so that will be exciting. Is it me or do products look way cuter in miniature.
I will quickly run through what I’m taking -
1. Superdrug own branded calming face mask
2. Small pack of Simple face wipes
5. Clarins body lotion
9. YSL serum (also using this as a primer)
10.Elizabeth Arden face cream
I’ll be taking my Origins face wash thats not pictured here & possibly taking out the Elizabeth Arden cream – how many face creams do I need right?! I think thats all I’m taking but I can’t promise I wont buckle at the last minute and pack a few more things.
Have you tried any of these products. What skincare do you take away with you? Oh another thing i have in my handbag is an Avene thermal spray which is lovely to have on the plane & I spray my hubby’s face too much to his disgust.
I took this last year in Amsterdam. Fingers crossed we get sunny weather
3 Aug 2012
I’ve not had a minute to do this post over the past week, I thought I’d best post it now otherwise it would soon be time to do my August faves. That’s how fast this year is going. I’ve been keeping my favourite products in a little basket so I could find them. I seem to have a habit of misplacing things at the moment.
These are my July favourites,
1. Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser spf 20 in the shade nude – this is a really lovely lightweight tinted moisturiser. It feels so nice on the skin, it’s quite a sheer coverage but thats perfect for days when you’re not wanting to apply a full face of makeup. It really has some staying power too. It applies smoothly on the face and gives you such a fresh-faced look and I love it.
2. Burt’s Bees’ Milk and Honey body lotion – I received this in a Glossybox and have been using it on my legs as they are so dry. This lotion smells amazingly. It’s really moisturising and the good thing is it’s not too heavy and doesn’t leave the skin feeling tacky. I will be purchasing the full size when this tube runs out
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturiser spf15 – This is a really hydrating moisturiser and I’ve had it for about 5 months and used it almost everyday. Its lasted ages. My skin just drinks this up and it leaves it feeling so soft.
4. Aesop Parsley Seed Serum – I use this at night EVERY night and I would say its my favourite product of the whole year. I couldn’t imagine my skincare routine without this in it. It’s amazing and I’m excited to try more from the range.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stain in Cherish – all i need to say on these is I LOVE THEM. They’re so smooth on the lips and they last for ages.
6. bareMinerals Buxom Lips in Bambi – this lip gloss is so nice its quite long-lasting and the colours is lovely for summer I always have it in my handbag
7. Mac Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch – love wearing this colour all over the lid for a simple eye look. It’s just a pretty colour.
8. MUA trio in Innocence – a great trio and perfect for a smokey eye. These shadows are such great quality.
9. Kleenex Shine Sheets – having an oily t zone these are a god send. I will do a proper review on these but i don;t leave home without them now.
10. Avon Supershock eyeliner in golden fawn – this is great for a subtle brown with a hint of shimmer. It just glides on effortlessly.
11. Avon Glimmerstick in black ice – another really great eyeliner just easy to wear and long-lasting. These are really good to smoke out and blend.
What are your favourite products from July?