Tesco kindly sent me a £25 gift card to spend on beauty products. My local Tesco is quite a big shop & they stock brands like Nip & Fab, Sleek, L’Oreal, Max Factor and more. If you’re lucky enough to live close to one of the Tesco’s that has a Beauty World then you will find a huge selection of affordable & luxury brands including favourites like, Korres, Dr Lewinn’s, SteamCream and L’Occitane. So Tesco are making these Beauty World Shops a real destination for beauty addicts.
Barbara Daly – This brand has recently had a revamp & they have re launched back into Tesco with a great collection of makeup. I was drawn to this lovely nude pink nail polish & think it will look beautiful on both my fingers & toes this Winter.
Rimmel Match Perfection in Soft Beige – Took me ages to decide on a shade but I picked soft beige in the end & that seems to be a good match. I have only ever tried one other Rimmel Foundation, the Wake Me Up Foundation and I like that so thought I would try the Match Perfection. I don’t know anything about it & purchased it on a whim but after using it a couple of times, I like the medium coverage & it gives me a nice almost satin finish. So far so good.
Sleek au naturel Palette– This is my first ever Sleek eyeshadow palette, I own many a blush but have never treated myself to one of their palettes. I just had to have the au naturel palette as I’m addicted to neutral eyeshadow and its beautiful. It has 12 shadows, a mixture of 8 mattes and 4 shimmers.
L’Oreal Super LinerUltra Precision in Black – Liquid liner is my go to liner, I love how easy it is to apply & L’Oreal make my favourite liquid liners. I have had many over the years. This gold packaging sucked me right in & I popped it in my basket. It has a long fine nib that is flexible and easy to control so if you want to achieve a fine precise line you can & also if you want to build it up & have bolder liner look you’re able to achieve both. Love how long wearing this liner is and also how intense and black it stays throughout the day. LOVE it.
The last product I purchased was a Freeman Anti Stress Dead Sea Minerals Face Mask – this is for my Sunday evening pamper session. I’m hoping it will help unclog my pores and leave me with radiant skin. This is a brand I have never tried before so I will let you know how I get on with it.
*I bought these products with a Voucher sent to me by Tesco.
OK so I’m sure most, if not all of you are aware that I’m going to San Fransisco next week. I am so very excited. I have been there before 7 years ago and I’m excited to go back. It is such a beautiful city and the shopping is amazing. So in honour of that I’ve put together a few things I hope to buy whilst I’m out there.
1. Sephora CC Cream 30ml $26 – I’m yet to try a CC cream so I thought whilst I was In America I would get this Sephora one. I have quite a lot of redness in my cheeks so I’m hoping this helps cancel that out.
2. Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette – In The Nude$26 for 10 shadows – This baked palette is right up my street. I love the texture and finish of baked shadows and these are all quite neutral colours and they are what I tend to reach for most often. This palette gets quite good reviews and I am excited to swatch it.
3. Makeup Forever Mist & Fix Spray 125ml for $29 – I am running low on my Mac Fix + and I wan to try something new. I’m undecided whether to get this Makeup Forever Spray or the Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush $26 – I have my eye on a couple of colours, Tipsy, Blushing Bride and Dollface. So we will see which ones I buy once I’m there. I have heard great things about these so I am very excited to finally try them out.
5. Marc Jacobs Rollerball Trio $38 – OK so I may be a little too excited to get a few rollerballs whilst I am in Sephora. I have no idea why these don’t get released in the UK & I hope this changes in the future. But I will be stocking up on a fair few. Along with this Daisy set I also want to try the Fresh Beauty Set.
6. Tarte Tinted BB Treatment $34 – This is meant to be a moisturiser, primer, light foundation, antiageing treatment, and sunscreen all in one so that’s some big claims. I will put it to the test!
7. Maybelline Baby Lips $2.99 – I have 2 of these already and love them so will buy a few more but the picture of these in my wish list really represents the fact that I want to go to some American Pharmacies or Drugstores to buy a few things. Especially a few Wet n Wild things and some of the Drew Barrymore line Flower Cosmetics. I am so excited to go to Target & Wallgreens.
If you have any must have US beauty buy suggestions for me – please let me know!
Before I went to Amsterdam I’d made a few purchases that I forgot to blog about. So better late than never right. These are the what I bought.
Where I lived before in Dundee they had the worst selection of MUA products on the planet. Its used to drive me mental. I so wanted to see the full collection and instead had to put up with a few things from their £1 range. This did not go down well with me. So you can imagine my delight upon moving to Manchester & discovering the most well stocked MUA stand I’ve ever seen. I was in product heaven & may of even let out a little squeal of delight when I saw it. So excited when I saw this…….
Ok so after I calmed down I picked up two MUA palettes the Undressed palette and the Heaven and Earth palette for £4 each. Both are amazing. I’m sure most of you own them by now. I’m very late to that party. From MUA I also picked up their Eye Primer which I’ve heard lots of good things about which is £2.50.
BarryM had a deal on their nail polish in Superdrug where it was 2 for £5 i picked up the shades Block Orange 301 and Pink Iridescent 264. I had to pick up the orange shade as it was jut such a POP of colour. The pink iridescent is beautiful too and looks great as a glittery top coat. You can’t really go wrong with a BarryM polish.
Then ast but not least was the DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and i put the blame for this purchase upon Estee of Essie Button as i watched her YouTube video and she said how AMAzing it was and how long her lashes looked after using this & I though how good can this be. So I bought it in Selfridges for £23 and OMG its bloody amazing. It makes your lashes look super long and defined. I will be doing a whole blog on this little miracle worker so watch this space.
So that was my pre holiday haul – like I needed to be spending any money prior to going to Amsterdam! But I’m really pleased with all my purchases. Have you tried any of these things?