I was recently introduced to the brand BRYT (Bright Young Things) who are a lovely British skincare brand who not only produce wonderful skincare but they also have a very strong ethical and environmental mission statement. I also get excited trying new brands, especially British ones and BRYT seem to be ticking all the boxes and delivering affordable, ethical and botanical premium skincare. How cute and bright is their packaging too!
All the products in their range contain the Advanced Phytoscience System (APS) featuring naturally derived Antioxidents which encourage skin to detoxify, exfoliate and regenerate while soothing, calming and moisturising every step of the way
This APS formulation contains
- Wild Harvest organic Kakadu, Burdekin and Illawarra plums from the Australian Outback. These contain up to five times more antioxident power than blueberries and help detoxify and exfoliate the skin
- Aloe Vera in its purest form which noticeably soothes and calms skin
- Nature mimicking Allantoin, found naturally in Comfrey roots (a centuries old healing remedy) which helps heal, soothe and calm.
So as you can tell BRYT is ideal if you have quite sensitive skin as their ingredients are so gentle and targeted towards healing, soothing and calming the skin.
BRYT Cleanse – Foaming Facial Cleanser* 150ml £12.99
I was skeptical of the word ‘Foaming’ but after using this for a couple of weeks I can say that its not stripping or drying on the skin, as it contains no synthetic foaming agents. I wouldn’t say this was an effective makeup remover because it struggled to remove all my makeup, specifically my eyeliner & mascara. I felt like there wasn’t much product to really massage into my skin in order to remove my makeup. I have been using it in the morning just to cleanse my skin and it leaves it feeling soft and quite soothed. It works well for this because it is so lightweight, but I wasn’t wowed by it.
- Apple Extracts – which produce a skin compatible light foam, preserving and enhancing skin’s natural barriers
- Olive Oil Extracts – this provides extra nourishment for sensitive and reactive skin
- Essential Oils of Bergamot – which is effective against acne. Whilst Mandarin, Orange Blossom, Rose Absolute, Mimosa and Sandalwood nourish and nurture leaving skin soft, soothed and cleansed.
It is very gentle and nice as a morning cleanser but I think this would be better for someone in their 20’s. So if you’re new to skincare & want an easy to use, no fuss cleanser then this would be an OK option.
BRYT Boost Serum for Dehydrated & Tired Skin* 30ml £22.00
There are four serums in the BRYT range and they target specific skin concerns. I have the one for more dehydrated and tired skin, my skin needs all the hydration and radiance it can get! This has quite a thin oily texture – one pump is absolutely enough product for your face. This is a lovely hydrating, lightweight serum but I would say its a product I only use as part of my night time routine, simply because it is more on the oily side & my t zone looks too greasy as the day goes on.
- African Baobab Oil – this is intensely moisturising
- Hyluronic Acid – helps the product absorb and retain moisture
- Essentials Oils of Lemon, Basil, Coriander, Rosemary, Lavender, Petitgrain, Jasmin and Tonka Bean – these enrich the formulation, leaving the skin feeling luxuriously soft, relieved and rehydrated.
- Vitamin A, D, and E – which help to combat the early signs of ageing, protect the skin against damaging free radicals and rejuvenate fatigued skin
This is a really lovely serum and it feels like it quenches my skin, especially after a long day. The oil consistency means its easy to massage into your skin and feels instantly hydrating. If you have thirsty, parched skin then this would be a great oil based serum to add into your routine.
BRYT Night Cream* 50ml £18.50
This is quite a rich but lightweight cream, it has a strong botanical scent but it didn’t irritate my skin and the scent does fade quite quickly. The product is for all skin types and BRYT say it has beneficial effects on eczema & rosacea, I do have quite a lot of redness in my cheeks but after using this for almost a month I haven’t seen too much of a difference but I will continue to use it.
- African Marula Oil – moisturise, heal and promote cell regeneration
- Active Vitamin E – reduces the appearance of redness and swelling of acne
- Essential Oils of Rose Absolute, Chinese Geranium, Palma Rose and Lavender help soothe and relax skin regulating and improving tone
This is a really gentle cream which helps smooth skin and nourishes skin whilst we sleep. I do like how hydrating this is and I’m really hoping over time & with more consistent use that I see an improvement in my rosacea.
I think this is one British brand to keep an eye on, their skincare is all made without the use of parabens, sulphates, petrochemicals, phthalates, silicone and GM ingredients & is Cruelty Free.
I’m hoping in the near future that they release a face mask & a toner but as it stands their skincare range is concise and easy to use. It delivers gentle skincare using some wonderful natural ingredients. I would 100% recommend the serum.