Described as skincare for a generation who are always on the go, Wake skincare are a relatively new brand in the beauty world founded by Anton and Alex. Two friends who wanted to address lacklustre, tired skin, so they have created a range of products that do just that. Not only do they have a refreshing attitude to skincare, but their core values are inspiring too, their packaging is all recyclable, and they even work alongside Women’s Aid, a charity that supports and empowers women affected by domestic abuse.
The founders describe the brand as,
“A brand born out of the frustrations of being glued to screens, working long hours and always being switched on.”
“Our generation are always switched on. Glued to phones, Surrounded by screens and always connected to work, our friends and family were forever complaining about dark circles, bags and lacklustre skin. Then our friends started having children and the tiredness really kicked in”
Over the past 3 weeks I’ve been testing out the three products in their range, Eye Gel, Face Mask and Face Cream. All of which come packaged in colourful boxes which are very eye catching and fun. The skincare products themselves are very sleek, minimal and look very cool in their white tubs with black font and silver lids. They feel luxurious and look very modern, I am a big fan.
Lovely fragrance free, lightweight gel formula, it is cooling and soothing whilst absorbing easily and leaving the skin around your eye smooth, hydrated and brighter. This collagen based gel will help combat crows feet and fine lines whilst plumping skin and boosting radiance. The cucumber, elderflower and aloe vera extract is gentle and non-irritant on this delicate eye area, as well as helping de puff, sooth and brighten. It is a lovely product to keep in the fridge, so it is extra cooling and refreshing on tired eye bags and dull skin.
You get a whopping 30ml of product and for an eye cream that is a lot this will last a long time, great value for money.
- Combats dark circles that result from late nights and early starts
- Fragrance-free for the delicate eye area
- Firms and refines eye contours
- Hydrates your skin after spending long periods looking at screens
- Contains vitamins and antioxidants to reduce signs of premature ageing
- Protects the environment by using glass bottles to reduce plastic waste
This fragrance free, silky face cream contains the hero ingredients Hyaluronic acid and Coenzyme Q10, which holds on to water and boosts hydration, it is a fantastic way for your skin to look plump, smooth and radiant. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps skin look refreshed and awake. Not only is this face cream focused on being Anti Wrinkle, it is also Anti Blemish too, so its a great product to have in your skincare regime. Especially if you have a busy lifestyle and need a product that is an all rounder which helps with hydrating, evening out skin tone, preventing blemishes and helping to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy.
- Reduces blemishes caused by a non-stop lifestyle
- Formulated to be cooling and refreshing
- Targets fine lines that result from irregular sleeping patterns
- Easy to apply before and after working out without feeling thick or heavy
Lovely and thick, vibrant pink clay mask, ideal to detox the skin, exfoliate away skin cells and help achieve that natural healthy glow. It is gentle but thick and has a slight texture, I found it easy to apply (I use a brush) and it has a cooling feeling on the skin. It contains Kaolin, which helps draw out excess oil and sebum skin, helps prevent acne and helps reduce irritation and redness. Whilst zinc oxide helps calm skin, protects skin cells from being damaged and protects from harmful damage from UV rays.
- Australian pink clay mask designed to prevent breakouts
- Reduces acne caused by blocked pores and dead skin
- Combat dull skin immediately and achieve that radiant glow
- Get a smooth complexion in just 15 minutes with natural exfoliants
- Contains 100% natural exfoliants to help to detoxify the skin
- Protects the environment by using glass jars to reduce plastic waste
I really hope Wake skincare add a few more products to their range this year, I would love to see a serum, a face oil or maybe eve an SPF. But that being said, I really like the 3 products they have at the moment all 3 are fantastic quality.
Wake skincare products are never tested on animals and are made and manufactured cruelty-free in the UK. Also for every Wake product that is sold they will make a donation to Women’s Aid, you can read more about their charitable pledge here.
These products are PR samples and have been gifted to me, I am not obliged to review them.