What was the first blog you ever came across
I’ve been reading blogs for over four years now and the first blogs I found were mostly American lifestyle blogs. They seemed to have a real community of fabulous ladies & they all seemed to be connected via their blogs. I still read them today, but the very first one I came across was Kaelah who blogs over at The Clueless Girl’s Guide – she is such an amazing lady with a passion for fashion, design, family life and is an inspirational entrepreneur.
I was lucky enough to recently work with Kaelah for one of my business’s and she is super sweet & very hard working. This is one talented lady. If you haven’t already you need to check out her blog. It is a wonderful read.
Favourite beauty blog reads
I like to read so many but I religiously read and have to keep up to date with The Black Pearl, Sailor Jennie, Helen Rambles On, SRSLYLOU and British Beauty Blogger. They’re the blogs I get excited to see in my bloglovin feed. I love their reviews and have bought many many products on the back of their recommendations. I have to say that Jennie makes me want to run away to a log cabin with a stack of books and not leave for a year. She has sparked my love of reading all over again. That girl has the best book recommendations.
Best blogging friend
This is a tough one as I haven’t met many bloggers IRL but if we’re talking about supportive people & ones that really give me a sense that we could be friends IRL, I would have to say Amy from SRSLYLOU – she is sweet and funny and always great to interact with. The ladies Jess & Becki behind Life Looks Perfect have been so sweet in supporting me through some very tough times with my dad & always ask about him and how he’s doing, that makes me feel so humble and amazed that people remember to ask and want to support you even though they have never met you. I hope they know how much I appreciate their support xx
Name a blog that enables your purchases
OMG this has to be The Sunday Girl, SRSLYLOU and ghOstparties – they always post about beautiful products that I never need but always want. My husband is frightened for our bank account when I’m reading those blogs.
5 blogs everyone should be reading ….
1. Sailor Jennie – Jennie has such a whimsical writing style that just captures the moment, she has such a way with words. I love reading about her life and what she loves. I thoroughly enjoy her blog its a treat to read.
2. Parisian to Be – Written by the lovely Lillian, this blog is one that makes me feel better about my skin care stash. She writes the most lovely posts about makeup, skincare tips & tricks. Always accompanied by amazing photography.
3. The Private Life Of A Girl – This is the blog I aspire to be, written by the talented & gorgeous Sophie her posts are a real mix of lifestyle, skincare, makeup and everything in between. I adore reading it and her photography skills are perfect. You must add this blog to your reading list if you don’t already.
4. Nouvelle Daily – I love the mix of lifestyle & beauty posts.
5. Sometimes Sweet – This is another blog I’ve been reading for about 4 years and have seen it grow from a girl writing about books, tattoos and cities to a lovely mummy / lifestyle blog. Its honestly one of my favourite reads. Such a sweet family.
Your favourite way to read blogs
I love to read blogs on my laptop, i read them everywhere from in the bath, at my desk in a coffee shop. I have no preference.
Bloggers that inspire you
I think the whole blogging community is inspiring and I love being a part of it and interacting with everyone.
Favourite blog design/look
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I like telling the world about products I like, I’m not so keen in writing about things I don’t like, Thats just my preference. Blogging is a creative outlet for me & I enjoy the community side of it very much.
Name a blogger you would most like to see write a book in the future
This has to be Jennie May from Sailor Jennie – her posts always feel like more than just a blog entry, like they should lead on to something more & take you on a real adventure. I would love to see her write a book.
I saw this tag on Makeup Savvy & decided to give it a go, have you done it? If so I would love to read your answers.