I have really been getting into wearing blusher a lot more this year. I used to shy away from wearing them as I have quite naturally rosy cheeks & a little rosacea too so I felt that blusher often made me feel self conscious of that & made it look worse. I have learnt that I can wear blush if I apply it subtly and not on the apples of my cheeks, even if that is where you are meant to wear it.
I am so pleased that I have introduced blusher to my everyday makeup routine because I own some gorgeous ones and they just weren’t getting used. I have been using two of my blush palettes religiously this year and I have to say that between the two of them that have every shade I need.
Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot
This was a Christmas limited edition release but the single Box O’Powders are always for sale and they quite often release them as ltd edition palettes – I think atm you can get the Benefit Cheekathon Palette. You get 5 blushers, 1 Bronzer and a Cream Highlighter,
- Dandelion 4g – Ballerina pink brightening face powder with a hint of shimmer
- Bella Bamba 5g – Watermelon pink laced with shimmering gold undertones
- Sugarbomb 8g – 4 beautiful shimmering shades of peach, soft plum, pink and rose that swirl together to create a gorgeous blush
- Hoola 5g – Matte bronzer perfect for a natural sun kissed look
- Coralista 5g – Warm coral blush
- Rockateur 5g – Rose gold highlighting blush
- Watt’s Up! 1.5g – A delicate champagne glow that will give your cheeks a luminous glow.
So a great mix of shades and finishes. I especially love Dandelion and Rockateur which are two very different shades but they look pretty work together too.
I absolutely adore the Benefit Box Blushes and although they’re quite expensive if you buy them on their own, they last a very long time on my cheeks and the colour pay off and quality is worth every penny. Which are your favourites?
This blush palette is very different from the Benefit one, in that the packaging is so slim, sleek and understated – whereas Benefit opt for a more colourful, fun vibe. The Zoeva palette has four gorgeous pink toned blushers, which look as pretty on the cheeks as they do in the pans. The shades are flattering and the ideal for Spring / Summer.
You get a mix of satin and matte shades and as you can see all four shades are beautiful.
- PK010 – Apricot pink nude
- PK020 – Soft pink with peachy beige undertones.
- PK030 – Dusky rose pink with soft mauve undertones.
- PK040 – Pop of fuchsia pink
These are incredibly pigmented and blend beautifully. I haven’t worn Pop of Fuchsia as much as the others, only because its so bright and I think a little too pink for me. Its a really great palette for travel and I just think Zoeva products are the most incredible quality, I am always so impressed by them. If pink isn’t your shade the Spectrum Blush Palettes are also available in Coral & Nude.
The formulation of the blushes is enriched with vitamin E and is 100% free of parabens, mineral oils, perfume and phthalates.