This is my go to face oil when my skin is feeling out of sorts and stressed. I like to use it particularly when the seasons / weather changes and my skin needs balancing. It it has a such lightweight feel and if like me your skin irritates easily this is very soothing and calming, it makes a great overnight oil so your skin looks soothed and well rested when you wakeup. It has some lovely hydrating and soothing ingredients including,
- Lemon and Rose Geranium help clarify purify and balance oil
- Rose Damascena soothes unruly problematic skin
- Sweet Almond and Avocado hydrate and nourish for a soft, supple finish
Lip Oils took the skincare world by storm in 2016 and so many brands have released their version but I like how comfortable the ESPA one feels on the lips. I often apply it when I am sat at my desk working and it helps keep my lips soft and hydrated, It is a lovely pamper treatment for your lips, especially if you like to wear matte lipsticks as this is so good at smoothing your lips and giving them that healthy boost of hydration. It includes some really nourishing ingredients including,
- Indian Gentian Leaves – this blurs the appearance of fine lines and visible smooths skin, boosts collagen and elastin production
- Konjac Root & Hyluronic Acid Filling Spheres – these plump, smooth and deliver long lasting hydration
- Omega rich Raspberry & Pomegranate Seed Oils – Both are deeply nourishing and help keep your lips in a beautiful condition
- Pink Grapefruit Essential Oils – This soothes and gives the oil a fresh flavour
This is a wonderful product to take with you on long journeys / flights and it is small enough to fit in your makeup bag and is travel friendly.
For some reason this past 6 weeks my nails have been so dry and my cuticles are a little cracked so I hunted high and low for my Jurlique oil, thankfully I found it at the back of my bathroom cabinet. I’ve been giving my nails a break from wearing nail polish, just whilst I try to nourish them and stop them looking and feeling so dry. Each night before bed I take the time to really massage this oil into my fingers, especially around the nail and that seems to be working. It contains quite a few nourishing and hydrating ingredients, including
- Rosemary Extract – to strengthen dry brittle nails
- Horsetail Extract – to strengthen dry brittle nails
- Carrot Root – to soothe cracked cuticles
- Calendula – to nourish and soothe dry cuticles
- Almond & Macadamia Oils – to intensely hydrate and restore moisture
As the name of this beauty oil suggests it is a multi purpose product (which I love) and It can be used on dry hands, heels, face, body hair, scalp lashes and brows. I have been known to mix a few drops in with their moisturiser for an extra boost of hydration, I mostly use it as an overnight oil and find that it really peps up my skin and leaves it feeling soft and supple. It contains a really wonderful collection of ingredients including,
- Kahai Oil which has even more benefits than Argan Oil, 50% more Vitamin E and twice as much Linoleic (Essential Fatty Acids). It also has 3 times more anti-ageing Retinol than rosehip oil (traditionally used to combat scars and healing the skin).
- Oat, Grapeseed and Jojoba Oils, this exclusive formula provides moisture, elasticity, a reduction in lines, soothes, brightens and nourishes the skin
- Squalane which helps prevent moisture loss whilst restoring skins suppleness. So quite the power house of ingredients. I am excited to see the results of prolonged use and I will be putting its multi functional benefits to good use.
This is a great all rounder to have in your skincare collection. If you have this let me know how you use it.
OGX are one of my favourite haircare brands, their product selection is vast and very good quality. On a daily basis I am very low maintenance when it comes to my hair, I try not to use heat or apply too many products as my hair becomes greasy and dull so easily. This Macadamia Dry Oil is great on wet or dry hair and it helps nourish dry hair, tame frizzy fly aways and give hair that healthy sheen. It never weighs my hair down and I also use it to keep my waves / curls from looking flat. You need a very small amount of this & always adopt the mantra less is more!
It is enriched with rich Macadamia Oil which helps hydrate and smooth dry, dull hair. Whilst sugar cane extract and bamboo extract soften and prevent those unsightly split ends. So if you are looking for a lovely lightweight, affordable hair oil then you need to check this one out.
One of my goals this year was not to just focus skincare on my face but also remember my body needs a little love too and I have been body brushing, especially my thighs and upper arms and each morning I’ve been using a body oil from a brand I was recently introduced too called Botanica Vida. This comes in a spray bottle so you can apply it directly on to the skin and massage it in. It is a very lightweight oil and after using it for almost 3 weeks I can already see a difference in my skin tone, texture and the softness of my skin. I am excited to see what results I see from continued use from what I read this product is quite effective at reducing the appearance of stretch marks, which I have a few off so that would be good. It contains a lovely blend of Omega, Vitamin and Anti Oxidant rich nutrients including,
- Bioactive Sacha Inchi with 90% Omega Fatty Acids
- Argan & Rosehip Oil
- Avocado & Oilve Fruit Oil
- Sunflower Seed & Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E & Calendula
- Mandarin & Grapefruit
What beauty oils do you use in your routine, I would love to hear your suggestions of new products to try.
*This post contains PR Samples