The lovely Hayley who has a beautiful blog all about her gorgeous family (HayleyFromHome) tagged me (challenged me) to think of 50 things that make me happy. I feel I’m quite a pessimistic one might say slightly negative person so I thought this tag might be good for me – to see if I could actually think of 50 things.
So in no particular order,
1. Chai – I drink tea all day long & love discovering new teas but Chai is my favourite
2. Autumn – I love it when the leaves change colour
5. The night sky
6. Working from home
10. Watching TV in bed
11. Crisp, fresh, clean bedding
12. Humous & dips in general
13. My husband bringing me a cup of tea in bed every morning
14. Amsterdam – I adore this city, its so beautiful
15. Snail mail – I love sending & receiving a good old fashioned letter
16. Anything fig scented
17. HEMA – best shop in the world
18. A new notebook
19. Friends – it is the one TV show that will never get old
20. Fairy lights – I have them everywhere
21. Taking photos – When I remember my camera
22. Jam on toast
23. Birkenstocks – Some say ugly, I say comfy
24. My wonderful Mum Linda & our daily phone calls.
25. Pyjama bottoms
26. My favourite Costa ceramic Christmas travel mug that I am still using
27. My makeup collection
28. Lemonade – traditional old fashioned lemonade
29. My cheeky beautiful niece Alyvia
30. Falafel – I could live off them
31. Massive wooly scarves & warm clothing in general
32. Road trips with my husband & taking a picnic
33. Bon Jovi – I’m an 80’s girl at heart & love Jon Bon & Richie Sambora
34. Having my eyebrows done – makes me feel like a new women
35. Into The Wild – Favourite film
36. Trash TV – I do like bad American reality shows & watch them on a Sunday morning in bed
37. Salt & Vinegar crisps
38. Being married – I love being married. Me & my husband John have been a together for 15 years now & everyday is amazing & it gets better and better.
39. Face time / Skype – most of my family & friends live all over the world & I love being able to keep in touch
40. Fresh flowers – Especially Tulips
41. Being a honest, loyal and supportive friend – I try hard to be there for the people I love.
42. Whole Foods – If I could only shop in one shop for the rest of my life it would be here. I love it
43. People watching – I could sit for hours (with a brew) and watch the world go by
44. Buying books – For myself and as gifts. I think books make the most treasured gifts
45. Stationery shops – I need & want all the stationery. Although I have no room for anymore
46. The kindness of strangers – Always comes when you need it most but least expect it
47. Puppies – I love puppies they make my heart swell
48. My Car – Its nothing flash but it represents my decision to downsize & focus on living, instead of earning and spending more money on things I don’t need or want.
49. Savoury snacks – I’m not a sweet tooth kind of girl, but give me all the savoury snacks like crisps & nuts. I am all over those.
50. Hearing my husband sing when he thinks no one is listening – to GnR or Type O Negative. Its priceless
So they’re my 50 things that make me happy. Its quite nice to remind yourself that its mostly the small things that make you happy & almost always things that are free too! Thank you to Hayley for tagging me – it wasn’t as hard as I thought to think of 50 things.
Link below in the comments if you have done this tag, I’d love to read them.