As many of you will know I use a facial SPF on a daily basis and have a couple that I really like (La Roche Posay Anthlios & Balance Me) but I have wanted to try this City Block from Clinique for such a long time. This gives your skin a high level of protection against UVA & UVB rays as well as being oil free, so it is ticking all the boxes for me. Its also a great primer for your makeup because its oil free and won’t slide off your face in the heat and my makeup sits so well on top. The cream does have a tint to it but once applied to the skin its adapts to your skin tone and makes your skin look and feel hydrated. Its not just an effective broad spectrum SPF but it also has many antioxidants which protect your skin from environmental damage and help boost sun protection.
I like that its not heavy or greasy but it does give the skin a dewy finish. If this isn’t your thing you can lightly powder after you have finished your makeup & it will help it look less dewy (which is what I have been doing most days). I have been using it daily and haven’t had a reaction to it or a breakout which is good. I think one of the things that most impressed me about this product was the price, at £18.00 I think it is a bargain, you get 40ml of product which is going to last you a good few months. I have been recommending this to friends and family and really think its one of my favourite discoveries of 2015.
I have the smaller 2oz bottle & its just so cute! It is a glass bottle and the design is so sleek and pretty. This Beauty Mist has a really pretty floral scent which is refreshing and uplifting, its so nice to have sat on your desk to use when you feel a little tired or in need of a boost of hydration. This isn’t just a run of the mill face spray Olivine Atelier have included lots of ingredients that will help hydrate, soothe and combat the signs of aging. Its quite incredible & includes,
- Rosa Damascena Flower Water & Rosa Damascena Flower Oil: known to refine and renew skin at the cellular level, with powerful anti-inflammatory action
- Cassia Augustifolia Seed Polysaccharide: mimics hyaluronic acid to retain water on the surface of the skin and hair
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract: a powerhouse adaptogenic herb that protects skin and hair from environmental damage, minimises fine lines and wrinkles, and assists with stress and fatigue management
- Moringa Seed Extract: a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that promotes collagen production, supports skin firmness, and boosts the immune system
- Andean Orchid Flower essence promotes youthful vitality and cellular regeneration
- Rose Quartz essence + other precious gems: for soul-affirming aromatherapy, the revitalising and uplifting powers of self-love, confidence, grace, beauty and self-esteem
I’ve had my bottle for almost 4 months now and Its almost empty, although I’ve been using it most days so I think It has lasted a good amount of time but in future I will be buying the larger 8oz size because its now a staple in my beauty routine & I think I need a bigger bottle!
This is part of a new collection from The Body Shop and I love it, the scent is so fresh and for a body mist it has very good staying power, I can smell it for hours after I’ve sprayed it. For me Fig is just such a unique scent and it smells sophisticated and complex. Its quite a strong scent and I like that, its not for everyone but for me its just such a refreshing and pretty scent.
I have tried quite a few of The Body Shop Mists & they’re amazing quality for the price. I would love to try the EDT from the same range. What are your favourite products from The Body Shop?
The scent of this body lotion is so good & much like The Body Shop Italian Fig range but a little sweeter. This is my 3rd bottle and I will continue to repurchase over and over.Its a great size and the pump makes it so easy to get the product out. It smells luxurious and the cream makes my skin feel smooth and hydrated. I often use it as a hand cream too because its so hydrating and not at all greasy. I really like the simple packaging style, its one of the reasons I like & Other Stories products so much.