I was so excited to open my YOU Beauty Discovery Advent Calendar*, I managed to wait until December 1st to open my first door (It took lots of willpower not to open them all). Here is what’s behind doors 1 & 2.
Behind door 1 is this gorgeous Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask 10ml – this luxurious mask is perfect for people with tired, dull, sallow skin. It’s a rich treatment that will plump skin and keep it looking refreshed and energised. I think this sounds like the perfect morning after the night before’s party! I have never tried anything from Sisley but I know it is a very luxurious and expensive skincare brand, I am excited to try this out. The full size of this mask is £93 for 60ml.
Behind door number 2 is this lovely Limited Edition Caudalie Hand & Nail Cream in Blackcurrent Leaf 30ml. It smells lovely and fruity. I have used Caudalie hand creams before and really like them. This will be going straight in to my handbag. This is a full size product & costs £6.
I am pleased with the first two products & excited for the rest. The YOU Beauty Discovery Advent Calendar is £49.95 but is worth over £240 if you’d like to treat yourself to one they’re still for sale here.
Products that are marked with an * have either been sent to me for my consideration or I’ve received at events. I’m under no obligation to review them on my blog. However if I do, the reviews are 100% my own.
In June I am going to San Fransisco (so EXCITED!) for a well needed holiday and I’ve been thinking about what skincare / beauty items I want to take with me. I know it’s a wee while away yet but I like to be organised. Whilst in Space.N.K I noticed a Caudalie set with sample sized products and thought that would be perfect. I also picked up a small bottle of their Laughter perfume which is one of my all time favourites. Whenever I wear it I get lots of compliments, it smells so nice.
In the Caudalie Must Have Set you get 5 products for £20. (Feel Unique have it for £18). I’ve tried the Caudalie Beauty Elixir before and liked it so thought the small bottle would be great not only for the long ass flight but also whilst I am there as SF can be quite hot and it will be nice to spray this on my face to cool down. You get a 30ml bottle.
Also in the set are a few things that I’ve wanted to try for a while like the Divine Oil, which can be used on your face / hair / body I’ve heard some great reviews of this and very excited to use it. I think I will mostly use it on my body. It smells amazing and luxurious too. You get a 15ml bottle.
The Lip Conditioner is the item in the set I’m least excited for. Only because I have a million lipbalms yet to be used. I’m sure this is a nice one and I will take it away with me but I’m not as excited about it. The hand and nail cream I’ve already started using and so far I like it. It feels very hydrating and non greasy. So far so good. You get a 30ml tube.
The makeup remover is such a cute size and perfect to take with me. I wont need any more than this bottle whilst I’m away as I don’t wear too much eye makeup on a daily basis, other than a little mascara. I am interested to see how this measures up to the Garnier one I usually use. You get a 50ml bottle.
So I may be a little too excited about this little travel skincare kit but I have a thing for products in miniature as they look so cute and these are no exception. Oh & the bag they come in is great too & that will get alot of use I ‘m sure.
The other thing I bought as I mentioned is the Space.N.K Laughter perfumer. I have been wearing this on & off for over 7 years. I love it so much. When I haven’t worn it for a while and pop in to Space.N.K I smell it & have to buy it as it’s such a familiar scent that brings back some very happy memories. I am happy I have a small bottle to take with me to San Fransisco as it’s a perfect summer scent. It is one of the perfumes that seems to last the longest on me. I can still smell it hours after I have sprayed it.
What is your summer perfume? Do you have something that you always go back to or dig out at this time of year? Also let me know if you have tried any of the Caudalie products and what you thought of them.
It’s been a funny old month I have been to Amsterdam & to Scotland and for both trips I took samples & mini products with me & forgot to keep the empty containers, never mind. I do have a few bits that I managed to keep hold of. I still don’t think I am using up many things. I need to make more effort to use something before starting on the next product. That way I think I will use up more of the half empty bottles I have all over the place.
Being a beauty junkie there’s something satisfying about using up a whole product. Am I alone on this? Or do you feel a little sense of satisfaction too?
1. The ETAT PUR Micellar Cleansing Water £6.40 for 190ml — This was in my Latest in Beauty Box a couple of months ago & I have LOVED using is. It was my first Micellar Cleansing Water and I was so impressed with it. It broke down my makeup and removed it like a dream. I will always use a Micellar Cleansing Water now to remove my makeup before washing my face. I would repurchase this again but this ran out whilst I was on holiday & had to buy one whilst in Amsterdam and so opted for one from Yves Rocher. I will be writing a review of this soon. For £6.40 this is a great value product and I whole heartily recommend it.
2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir £32.00 for 100ml – I purchased this in May so it has last me a few months and I’m so sad this has run out too. I really enjoyed using it. Although I never got used to the smell. I would like to repurchase this but at the moment can’t justify the price tag & have put it on my Birthday wish list which is in October. So I am hoping someone takes pity on my addiction and buys me a bottle.
3. Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin £20 for 100ml – This is a lovely gentle mask which just gives your face a really deep clean. This tube has lasted me so long and I used it almost every week. It’s a great quick mask for people who often don’t have time to sit with one on for ages. You really only need to leave it on for 10 mins. I would repurchase this too – but i think I will try a different one from Origins first.
4. Nivea Sensitive & Pure roll on deodorant £2.09 for 50ml – Nothing exciting but I get through a far few of these. I have repurchased a different Nivea one but is very similar. This did the job & was gentle on my under arms. Nothing more to say really.
5. Lacura Aroma Salt Scrub – This is from Aldi and I can’t find a link to buy it online anywhere. But its a great budget scrub. It’s not a heavy-duty scrub but the salt really gets your skin smooth and leaves it very soft. It’s a nice product. I have re purchased this.
6. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush £8.00 for 300ml – This didn’t last me very long but i did like it and it smells very sweet. So if you like that kind of scent you will love this. It’s a good scrub for really exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling great. I used this mostly on the backs of my arms and my elbows. I would repurchase but only when Boots have a deal on.
7. Toni & Guy Iron it Heat Spray – £1 for 50ml – This was a miniature I picked up for my holiday. Nothing special just the job but I don’t think I will repurchase.
8. Simple Eye Makeup Remover – Again this is a miniature I took away with me and I continued to use it when I got back too. It worked really well. I don’t wear really heavy eye makeup but it was gentle and all my eye makeup came off no problem. I would repurchase this.
9. Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion – This was another sample from a beauty box. This one came in a Glossybox & I am so glad it’s finally used up as i didn’t like it at all. It was too thick and so hard to rub in. I can’t see any results and really didn’t like how this felt on my skin. Not impressed.
10. Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets £2.99 for 50 I have done a review of these which you can read here if you like. I LOVE these and have purchased a few more packs as I like to have a pack in my handbag with me. I also picked some up for my mum and she is a fan too. So if you havent tried these out give them a go. They really work.
If you have done an empties post this month I’d love to read it. Leave a link to it in the comments.