As I get older I always say to family & friends “let’s not do gifts this year lets just get together and enjoy a meal and a few drinks”. I especially love Christmas for giving us so many excuses to spend time together and it makes me so grateful for all the amazing people I have in my life. That being said it is nice to have something under the tree to open on Christmas morning even if it just one lovely gift, and my husband always gets the most thoughtful presents for me. I like to ask for something special, something I don’t often buy myself and for me that is perfume.
A fragrance for me is such a treat and that’s what makes it the perfect gift to both give and receive. There are so many incredible scents and this year I wanted to add back to my collection a scent that I used to wear a lot a few years ago. We all have that one perfume which never gets old and that for me is Marc Jacobs Daisy. It is such an iconic scent and the bottle is instantly recognisable with the cap adorned with pretty daisies, I haven’t owned it for so long but I’m thrilled to have it for 2018.
It is beautiful, timeless fragrance and one that can be worn by all ages. It is such a mix of fruity, floral and fresh notes that it never smells overpowering of too intense. It reminds me of so many happy moments, birthdays, holidays and getting my job at RBS. It has been a favourite of mine for so long and it was my Mum that first introduced me to it and she still wears it too, so we have the same great taste in perfume.
Top notes of wild berries and soft white violets
Heart notes of velvety jasmine
Base notes of sandalwood
What perfume would you love to receive this Christmas? do you have your heart set on a new release or a classic, iconic scent?
OK so I’m sure most, if not all of you are aware that I’m going to San Fransisco next week. I am so very excited. I have been there before 7 years ago and I’m excited to go back. It is such a beautiful city and the shopping is amazing. So in honour of that I’ve put together a few things I hope to buy whilst I’m out there.
1. Sephora CC Cream 30ml $26 – I’m yet to try a CC cream so I thought whilst I was In America I would get this Sephora one. I have quite a lot of redness in my cheeks so I’m hoping this helps cancel that out.
2. Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette – In The Nude$26 for 10 shadows – This baked palette is right up my street. I love the texture and finish of baked shadows and these are all quite neutral colours and they are what I tend to reach for most often. This palette gets quite good reviews and I am excited to swatch it.
3. Makeup Forever Mist & Fix Spray 125ml for $29 – I am running low on my Mac Fix + and I wan to try something new. I’m undecided whether to get this Makeup Forever Spray or the Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush $26 – I have my eye on a couple of colours, Tipsy, Blushing Bride and Dollface. So we will see which ones I buy once I’m there. I have heard great things about these so I am very excited to finally try them out.
5. Marc Jacobs Rollerball Trio $38 – OK so I may be a little too excited to get a few rollerballs whilst I am in Sephora. I have no idea why these don’t get released in the UK & I hope this changes in the future. But I will be stocking up on a fair few. Along with this Daisy set I also want to try the Fresh Beauty Set.
6. Tarte Tinted BB Treatment $34 – This is meant to be a moisturiser, primer, light foundation, antiageing treatment, and sunscreen all in one so that’s some big claims. I will put it to the test!
7. Maybelline Baby Lips $2.99 – I have 2 of these already and love them so will buy a few more but the picture of these in my wish list really represents the fact that I want to go to some American Pharmacies or Drugstores to buy a few things. Especially a few Wet n Wild things and some of the Drew Barrymore line Flower Cosmetics. I am so excited to go to Target & Wallgreens.
If you have any must have US beauty buy suggestions for me – please let me know!