This is a ‘all natural’ brand based on ancient Ayurvedic principles (one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems) which focuses on maintaining balance through the health and wellness of your mind, body and soul.
SAMAYA is the perfect antidote to a stressful, busy and hectic lifestyle as it allows you to incorporate balance and wellness into your daily skincare routine. By answering a few short questions about your lifestyle and skin concerns SAMAYA will match you to your ideal dosha and the skincare range that will work best for your skin. For each dosha type the range includes three luxurious products, a rich Hydrating Cleanser, a powerful Anti-Ageing Cream and an indulgent Anti-Ageing Treatment Oil, all of which contribute to healthier, younger looking skin.
- Vata – Dry skin
- Pitta – Sensitive skin
- Kapha – Oily skin
My dosha was identified as Pitta which tend to be:-
Well-proportioned and compact build, with a focused mind and a love of order. Confident and passionate, enjoying challenges. Prone to anger and impatience when out of balance. Benefits from gentle skincare as skin can be sensitive and irritable, susceptible to wrinkles, sunburn and inflammation.
Which I have to say is a damn good match for me & my skin concerns.
I’ve been testing out the Anti Ageing Cream from the Pitta range* (£89) and it has been such a lovely addition to my skincare regime. This moisturiser is absolutely jam-packed with fantastic skin loving ingredients which leave my skin feeling soft, soothed and radiant. It does have a very strong botanical scent which I found to be quite relaxing but just to be aware it is pretty intense.
This cream has such a lightweight consistency, it felt instantly hydrating and throughout the day my skin continued to feel really soft. To me this product does feel more like a serum than a moisturiser because it is so fluid and almost disappears on the skin. So you don’t get that greasy, slippery feeling that a heavy moisturiser can often leave behind.
The list of Ayurvedic botanicals and clinically proven anti-ageing ingredients included in this product is so extensive. It is easy to see why my skin felt and looked amazing whilst I was using it,
- Jasmine Flower Extract – Beautiful aroma with proven mood-boosting effect; improves energy; reduces anxiety and stress; helps to balance moisture levels and increase skin’s elasticity while soothing mind and body; antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help protect skin.
- Neem Oil – Promotes skin healing; helps reduce itching and roughness; purifies skin; neutralises damaging free radicals to help skin achieve a radiant glow.
- Lotus Seed Extract – Sacred anti-inflammatory ingredient; contains zinc and anti-ageing enzymes which can repair damaged or sensitive skin while soothing and calming the mind; beneficial for blemish-prone skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Salt form of hyaluronic acid, this naturally derived anti-ageing ingredient has intense hydrating qualities (can hold more water than any other natural substance – up to 1,000 times its weight in water) which help boost skin’s elasticity, contributing to smoother skin with decreased wrinkles and a fuller appearance.
- Gotu Kola Oil – Anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing herb; helps fight chronic skin conditions by repairing damage done to the skin; stimulates collagen production in the skin.
- Saffron Extract – Valued for its skin toning abilities; can impart a natural radiance as it helps to reduce pigmentation; has mood-enhancing properties; is considered to be an aphrodisiac and is often used as a tonic to improve general health.
- Shatavari Extract – It has long been used as a tonic for female health concerns and as a means of reducing stress and tension. Shatavari also has nutritive and rejuvenative properties for skin, contributing towards a renewed, youthful appearance.
Ribose – Naturally occurring corn-derived pentose sugar; promotes skin cell metabolism; helps alleviate wrinkles and fine lines; helps keep skin toned, firmer and more radiant.
I really like that the Pitta skincare focuses on healing, repairing and soothing which is so up my street and exactly what my skin needs. Over the past 7 weeks not only have I seen my uneven skin tone improve but my skin looks and feels radiant, smooth and dare I say it well-balanced. So this Anti Ageing Cream gets a thumbs up from me – I just wish the price tag wasn’t so steep.
SAMAYA are a premium skincare brand and they use key, concentrated ingredients to ensure it delivers results. I’m not 100% convinced by the dosha side of things although I think that is more because I don’t fully understand it all, but In terms of quality and results, the skincare is fantastic and well worth looking into.
All SAMAYA’s products are free from, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, petrochemicals, mineral oils, silicones, synthetic fragrances and colours.
*This post contains PR Samples